On the Data Engineering team (part of the Engineering and Architecture organization in the Corporate and Investment Bank), you will be responsible for delivering solutions to our clients in CIB technology, QR and Data Analytics. We are engineering cutting edge solutions in metadata & data to model, track and deliver data-in-place and data-in-motion solutions. Our work facilitates data modelling, lineage, and transporting data at scale on cloud technologies, capturing models and APIs in our model repository, and building automation and tooling to control and evolve them. As part of Engineering & Architecture we are at the forefront of defining and driving adoption of the latest technology and best practices throughout the CIB.
Your role is to work with our users, developers, and DevOps teams to gather requirements, design, implement, and support our platform. Your expertise in full-stack development, microservice architecture, continuous delivery, and testing will help us meet our client's requirements. You will work with our diverse, global team on challenging projects ranging from delivering cloud-based microservices, meta-programming, DSL & interpreter design to delivery of components to integrate with SQL/NoSQL DBs, Kafka, and Spark.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities , including:
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
* 10+ years hands-on software development experience in an Object-Oriented programming language such as Java
* Strong Python or Scala expertise also desired
* Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Experience in full lifecycle of application development from inception through implementation, including designing, coding, testing, and debugging in Java, Python, and Scala
* Experience with relational DBs, SQL, RDS
* Experience with Cloud Computing, Cloud Foundry, Docker, Kubernetes, Spring boot, Spring cloud, Hibernate
* Experience with GIT, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle
* Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka
* Experience with functional programming a plus
* Experience building microservice or serverless distributed systems
* Awareness of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
* Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
* Passion for building an innovative culture
* Practice Agile/Scrum based methodologies, CI/CD
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans