SOFTRAX is seeking a Power Builder Software Engineer to join its development team. The Software Engineer will participate in the design and development of new applications and new application features for the Softrax application suite. This person will work with other members of a team to develop reliable scalable solutions using the latest technologies and development methodologies. The developer will work on web based UI solutions as well as mid-tier business logic and database back end. The solutions will utilize cloud technologies and integrate with third party applications.
The position will report to the VP of Technology and Development and will be based at the Canton, MA headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Development and support of Power Builder applications.
- Testing and debugging applications as needed.
- Documenting and communication of application designs.
- Work with the development and SQA team.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Excellent problem solving skills to diagnose product issues.
- Ability to work effectively within a small team.
- Communication with customers will also be required on a limited basis.
Degrees, Certificates and Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with Power Builder
- Experience with Git required
- Experience with Microsoft C# .NET technologies a bonus
- Experience with different UI technologies a bonus
- Experience with subversion, Bamboo, and Jira a bonus
- Experience working with SCRUM teams and agile development methodologies preferred
- Experience with SQL