Tenet3 is a growing cybersecurity and systems analytics firm in Dayton, OH. We provide solutions to difficult computer science, microelectronics engineering, and cloud-scale machine learning and data processing challenges. We are looking for Scientists holding computer science, mathematics, statistics, computer engineering, or electrical engineering degrees to work with us as a member of our research staff.
Our Scientists apply advanced data analytics to model, design metrics, and create learning algorithms that ingest large structured and unstructured datasets. Our models, metric dashboards, and machine learning algorithms are applied in the study of complex cyber-physical systems and in government defense projects. Scientists also work with our software engineering groups to create cutting edge services and capability in our flagship MeTRA® systems modeling cloud platform.
Tenet3’s R&D group is an excellent fit for individuals with superior problem solving skills, with experience in using state-of-the-art data science methods and Python software packages, with deep knowledge in machine learning or mathematical/statistical modeling, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. We value people who are comfortable knowing what they don’t know and are teachable, and exhibits the necessary traits to grow into a high performing mentor and leader.
We work on hard problems whose solutions defend and support the nation. Our problem sets are definitively not routine. Your work here will positively impact the country while creating capability that will be fundamental to the future products and services of the company.
This is a high impact position. You will matter at Tenet3.
A formal background or domain experience in cybersecurity is not required for this position.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Develop solution prototypes, technical demonstrations, and new capability to customers with small teams of R&D staff members.
- Maintain a portfolio of solutions under development through issue planning and tracking, road mapping, testing, and progress assessment. Coordinate with engineers across the organization to team and translate prototypes into practical tools.
- Create written and verbal internal and external communications for projects targeting relevant stakeholders.
- Interface with leadership, customer, and project managers to craft project concepts, understand new project requirements, and to evaluate customer needs.
Travel requirement: minimal; up to 10%
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Dept of Defense top secret security clearance.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science or Engineering.
- 2+ years experience as a practicing data scientist, research scientist or ML Engineer.
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and verbal communication skills.
- Collegial, team-player attitude willing to accept from and offer direction to others.
Graduate degree holding applicants with 2+ years of practical experience will also be considered.
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Knowledge of common CI/CD practices and tools.
- Experience using Amazon AWS cloud services.
- Team lead experience, or experiences demonstrating leadership capability.
- Previously obtained a DoD or DoE Security Clearance.
- Familiarity working with or in government defense, intelligence, and energy programs.
Salary and Benefits
- Very competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Additional sick days
- Floating holidays
- Excellent health benefits including 100% medical, vision, and dental
- HSA with company contributions
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match and profit sharing
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Casual environment with smart, creative people
- Flex time
- Free coffee and snacks
Tenet3 is a cyber analytics company based in Dayton, Ohio. We develop software products supporting advanced machine learning, property graph analysis, and enhanced human cognition. Our tag line is Cybernetics. We seek synergies between human insights and machine automation. Working together our software platforms and human analysts enable a concept we call “explainable security.” This offers our customers a unique window into the trustworthiness of complex, interconnected, cyber-physical systems. Successful software drives our growth. We need you, your talents, and your experience to drive our success.
Tenet3 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training.