The Corporate Systems Manager will provide technical leadership for the MarketAxess Corporate IT Infrastructure Team. This is a hands-on leadership position; technical acumen is essential.
The technical manager will be responsible for assessing the infrastructure environment; making recommendations on technical direction; increasing efficiencies by leveraging vendors/partnerships or services; and make the best use of local resources to support MarketAxess critical needs.
The Corporate Systems Manager will be a member of the Infrastructure team supporting all end-user compute, servers, phones, and data-center infrastructures across all locations. The ideal candidate for this role will have proven experience leading high performing teams with both on premise and cloud based systems.
What You'll Do
- Plan and direct technical and design aspects of the Corporate IT infrastructure
- Manage IT team to maintain the IT infrastructure components (Cloud computing, Servers, Active Directory, Messaging, Datacenters, Data backups, Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and Single Sign On (SSO), Virtualization Technology, Enterprise AV Solutions)
- Manage servers and endpoint monitoring, plan resources for high availability of IT infrastructure and data
- Manage all necessary resources to provide high quality of service to users
- Interface with applications owners and managers to ensure application availability, data security and data integrity
- Manages and coordinates urgent and complicated support issues. Acts as an escalation point for the Corporate Systems Infrastructure team.
- Develops and matures processes to ensure free flowing escalation and information within the organization. Works with the team to determine root cause of issues and communicates appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Provide budgetary inputs to maintain services and add value to our overall customer experience.
- Works with the IT personnel to:
- Monitor, Troubleshoot and maintain infrastructure configurations
- Develop specifications, standards, and documentation for the infrastructure
- Works with vendors for issue escalations
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative
- Provide on call assistance and support of corporate/production business systems on a rotating basis for after-hours support
- Trains, coaches, and mentors Infrastructure team personnel including career development.
- Provide guidance to employees and Infrastructure staff on IT best practices with focus on security.
- Be a trusted adviser to the customer facing business units and IT team
- Analyze department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity and efficiency by using data provided by the service desk.
- Continuously analyze current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement.
What You'll Bring to the Table
- Experience with or administration of Windows OS, core infrastructure hardware, (O365, SharePoint, Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems), enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring
- Strong knowledge of Domain Technologies (Active Directory, Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS), Azure Active Directory, Azure Connect, PKI, GPO, DFS, Infoblox DNS, DHCP)
- Experience with Cloud computing (Microsoft Azure, AWS)
- Experience with Virtualization Technology (WVD, VDI, Citrix workspaces, VMWare)
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions.
- Experience in design and administration of all IT infrastructure components.
- Knowledgeable about virtual and SAS environments with project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Windows Systems, Active Directory, Office365 with some programming skills (PowerShell)
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong organizing skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor's degree in discipline appropriate to assignment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Related certifications will be helpful. The candidate must have 3+ years of experience managing a team in an enterprise environment.
- 10+years’ experience in IT
- 5+ years of intimate experience working on Networking, Server, Storage, or equivalent platforms
- Stellar communication skills
- Experience leading technical projects
- Experience documenting and sharing knowledge to improve team skills, performance, and customer self-service
Benefits and Perks
In addition to working on cutting edge technology and in our culture of innovation, collaboration, and openness, we offer:
- Work in our brand new offices at 55 Hudson Yards on the west side of Manhattan
- Free snacks and coffee as well as occasional lunches and after-work drinks
- Casual dress-code
- Healthcare options
- 401(k) match
- Training and tuition assistance
- Other perks include generous time-off policies, stipends for gym memberships and similar, and access to on-site healthcare
MarketAxess Corporation and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal and state law.