Join us to help scale automated tests at Duolingo to improve our app’s quality to our learners worldwide.
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. With over 300 million users, we are the most popular language-learning application in the world. We want to ensure our learners have an uninterrupted experience while learning through our app.
About our team: We’re a small yet mighty team of individuals working closely with Engineering and Quality Assurance Specialists to add relevant automated end-to-end test coverage to help catch regressions at the early stages of the Software Development Life Cycle. We also build the required tools and infrastructure to scale tests and help improve engineering productivity.
About the role: We’re looking for someone to bring their expertise and curiosity in building out the necessary infrastructure to scale our test runs. The role also offers an opportunity to improve testing culture by closely emulating the testing pyramid for Duolingo.
- Partner closely within the test automation team to make improvements to our current processes and tools.
- Collaborate with engineering to build reliable end-to-end testing infrastructure to support all platforms (Android, iOS, and Web).
- Find ways to shorten the feedback loop to our developers by enabling automated tests at different development stages.
- Own key test metrics and advocate best testing practices.
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies.
- Organizational skills to design, plan, prioritize, drive, execute and successfully launch technical projects.
- Mentorship skills to bring along junior engineers.
Exceptional Candidates Will Have…
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- Technical experience in distributed systems, including microservices, databases, caching, and cloud services.
- Familiarity with test harnesses, measuring test effectiveness, effectively finding gaps in product code, and succinctly present it to the community for further improvements.