Develop the next-generation security technology for online language assessment.
As an ML Engineer, you will develop novel ML applications that will enhance security methods against test taker fraud in a fully online high-stakes English-language proficiency test. You will join the Duolingo English Test (DET) team, supporting our mission of lowering barriers and increasing opportunities for English learners everywhere through technology. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems as we continue to innovate.
- Apply AI/ML methods to massive data sets
- Prototype new models, evaluate with offline experiments and then productionize solutions at scale
- Work with a cross-functional team of award-winning designers, researchers, engineers, and others to build new product features
- 3+ years industry experience as an ML engineer (e.g., commercial products or government/industry research projects)
- MS or Ph.D. in machine learning, statistics, security, or related field
- Experience implementing ML systems in Python, Java, Scala, or C/C++ (i.e., not just R or MATLAB)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong debugging and critical thinking skills
- Ability to relocate to Pittsburgh, PA
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- 5+ years of industry experience as an ML engineer
- Experience with ML models for anomaly detection, network analysis, ranking, etc.
- A portfolio of relevant publications or open-source projects
- A desire to keep up with the field by attending or publishing at relevant conferences (ICML, NeurIPS, KDD, AAAI, ICLR, ACL, EMNLP, CVPR, etc.)