ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world.
ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
Data Warehouse Architect
What will I be doing?
As a Data Warehouse Architect at ProQuest, you will design and develop databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift, Aurora DB, Athena, and related services. You will lead three/ four offshore data warehouse/database developers.
In this position, you will also…
- Apply industry-standard best practices and techniques for designing and developing data warehousing solutions
- Review, optimize and document existing data warehouse design and implementation
- Define, document, and automate data warehouse operations processes
- Meet service level objectives (RPO, RTO, Performance) for services in your care
- Establish operational governance
- Help teams build reliable and scalable services
- Develop processes and identify additional value-added opportunities for data warehouse projects
- Provide technical advice to other team members
- Monitor, diagnose, and correct system/ code/ operational errors
- Develop pseudo-codes, tables, and narrative descriptions to implement changes
- Collaborate with team members across time zones
- Manage clients’ expectations and communicate proactively
- Write application and system technical documentation
Qualified Candidates must have…
- Bachelors’ degree or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 6 years of managing complex production datastores.
- Proficient in Data warehousing technologies and databases such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, and AWS databases such as Redshift and Aurora
- Preferably AWS Certified
- Warehouse and Mart data modeling and design (STAR, Vault)
- Creating stored procedures, triggers, and functions (Oracle. PostgreSQL, Redshift)
- Designing and developing Unix/ Linux based (shell) scripts
- Tuning SQL queries and improve application performance
- Experience with GitHub, JIRA, Confluence
- Experience leading a small team of database developers
- Working in an agile environment
- Good analytic, communication, and problem-solving skills
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
- Master’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- AWS Certified
Other important information about this position
- This position is open to remote candidates or has the option to work out of the Ann Arbor, Michigan office.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
- There may be extended hours required at month-end or prior to territory reviews
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
- We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy, and academic journals.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you have Data Warehouse Architect experience, please consider joining our talented team!!
At ProQuest, we embrace the power of our people and value our differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience — recognizing that our diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers, clients, and communities.