The infotainment system, with its many external interfaces (e.g. LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB) and high software complexity, has a large attack surface. We, as automotive security engineers, work passionately to protect our cars from attackers. We need your help to secure the infotainment system against attacks, no matter if they come over the air or from attackers with physical access to the vehicle.
What awaits you?
- As part of our dynamic team, you will solve challenging problems to shape the future of automotive security and make new BMW products even more secure.
- You will design, implement, and configure security features across multiple layers of BMW OS: from hardware, bootloader, and kernel to end-user applications.
- Due to the high complexity of modern connected cars, you can apply your knowledge in hardware security, application security, cryptography, network security, and other security domains.
- You will perform threat modeling, threat analysis, and support other teams in implementing secure products.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in computer science or a comparable field of study, ideally with a security focus.
- Hands on experience in Linux or/and Android security (for example, Kernel hardening, Linux permissions, capabilities, namespaces, secure RPC).
- Knowledge about isolation techniques and containerization mechanisms is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of security principles, latest techniques, and operating system features (for example, secure boot, disk encryption, integrity protection, Linux kernel hardening).
- Background with modern software development in one of the languages C++, Java, Kotlin. Experience with Python as a universal tool.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (for example, Jenkins, Zuul).
- Understanding of basic principles of threat modeling. Practical experience is a plus.
- Business-fluent English is required, German would be an advantage.
You have enthusiasm and passion for IT-Security and high-quality software development? Apply now!
Earliest date of start: from 01.03.2021
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: Full-time
+49 89 382-17001