ToolTime is the digital home for craftsmen businesses. Our goal is to free craftsmen from cumbersome paperwork and last-century software. We have raised more than €25 million in capital from investors to improve the lives of craft businesses in the long term.
We are looking for a Software Engineer (m/f/d) that is curious, enthusiastic, and eager to learn. As a Software Engineer you will participate in the design and creation of scalable software. You will be part of an agile team, who is responsible for the full software development cycle from ideation to shipping to production. We understand that you have your comfort zone and it is completely fine, and we want to be sure that, when the time comes, you are proactively responding to calls from other spaces. We do create an environment where it’s possible to do it in a safe manner.
Our tech stack
Our web product is built with TypeScript, ReactJS, Redux, and Redux-Saga and we follow good engineering practices (no application logic in UI code)
Backend is a Spring Boot application, which is written with Kotlin (wanna try coroutines?).GraphQL is our means of communicating between clients and the backend.
Our infrastructure runs on AWS and we manage it with the help of Terraform.
What you will do
- Write clean, performant, and convention compliant code
- Ensure integrity of software solutions
- Evaluate new technologies, software services and components
- Develop and communicate design and architecture guidelines, principles and vision to drive adoption of core services, technologies and standards
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies
What we are looking for
- Proven experience in Web & server side technologies
- Deep understanding of software engineering, you not only know how things work but can also articulate the pros and cons of every solution
- You know what you don’t know and you are not afraid to say so
- You take responsibility for the full stack: build, test, deploy and maintain ToolTime products
- Interest in latest technologies such as ReactJS, Spring Boot, TypeScript, React Native, or equivalent
What you can expect from us
- A modern office space as well as the ability to unplug from the office desk and work remotely from wherever you want
- A creative environment with a highly motivated team where everyone can have a direct impact on the product
- No waterfall - our entire product process is driven by customer insights, research and product metrics
- We value you as an individual and we are strong as a team - knowledge sharing and honest feedback is what we live
- A yearly learning and development budget and time for learning
- A culture that is based on our core values Curiosity, Positivity and Best Together
- Company benefits like 30 days vacation, fresh fruits, regular team events, ergonomic workstation, and many more