BMW Car IT offers you the chance to take up an exciting role in automotive software development. You will work in an international team at BMW Car IT. We design and implement embedded software for the electronic control units of the cars of the BMW Group as well as the tools and frameworks that support this.
What awaits you?
- An essential part of your work is to steer the software architecture for a Linux or Android based automotive infotainment system.
- You will be responsible for the overall software architecture of an infotainment ECU.
- Furthermore you will technically lead a team of software domain architects to design the architecture of the system.
- You will evaluate the impact of different software solutions on the overall system design.
- You will identify dependencies and drive technical requirements clarification with domain stakeholders to ensure a coherent end-to-end solution.
- Additionally you will ensure that the architectural concepts of the different software domains are well aligned and common design rules are communicated.
- You will ensure that stability, performance, and security aspects are persistently considered in the software design process.
- You will be part of the head unit software management team and will be spearheading the team together with the SW Program Manager.
What should you bring along?
- Degree in Computer Science or a similar field of study at university/FH level (BEng/BSc/MSc/PhD).
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with C, C++ or Java programming on Linux or Android systems.
- Strong experience with software design and implementation in different software domains.
- Strong experience with software architectures for embedded systems, with the ability to foresee industrial trends.
- Experience in designing software that utilizes open source technologies.
- Experience in the role of a technical lead is beneficial.
- Enthusiasm for software and the automobile industry.
- Excellent team skills that binds the teams together across organizational boundaries in the search for the best solution.
- Excellent communication skills, with a fine balance of listening and guiding the team.
You have fresh ideas and the ability to think outside the box in helping us to develop innovative software solutions corresponding to our motto of Individual Mobility of the Future? Apply now!
Earliest starting date: from 01.04.2021
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: Full-time
+49 89 382-17001