Everything starts with passion at the BMW Group. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and bringing innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opinion is valued.
More than 90% of automotive innovations are based on electronics and software. That's why creative freedom and lateral thinking are so important in the pursuit of truly new solutions. Naturally, that includes flexible working models, so that our IT specialists are free to go in unconventional directions.
To revolutionise the future of mobility, one has to go ahead and set standards today. Intelligent technologies that are increasingly taking over driving tasks and providing greater safety and comfort are already in use in our vehicles. Increasing our lead in autonomous driving will need visionary thinkers and creative developers. Specialists in the fields of machine learning, artificial intelligence, sensor technology and software development will work in expert teams, in centers of excellence networked around the world, to redefine the limits of what is possible.
With vehicle software becoming ever more complex, it’s not just who uses the cleverest algorithms but how they are integrated that will increasingly determine the future of mobility. Modern tools are needed in order for the code to have an impact where it counts. However, even more important is the right people with the perspective to ensure all these separate elements “come together on the road”.
But new possibilities often go hand in hand with new risks. With the increased networking of vehicle systems and therewith rising exchange of big data, one has to face a constantly growing risk of cyber-attacks. Protecting automotive IT from these threats is essential in order to bring innovative systems safely onto the roads. Which is why we need experts who live and breathe IT security and who can use innovative software solutions to develop countermeasures from threat analysis through to suitable security architecture and implementation.
Ready to shape the future of mobilty with us? Then we look forward to receiving your application. To find more about us as an employer and apply online, go to http://www.bmwgroup.com/careers
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
At BMW Car IT, a wholly owned subsidiary of BMW AG, we live and breathe software. We design and implement embedded software for electronic control units of the BMW cars as well as related tools and frameworks. By delivering software all the way from the idea to the final product we lead BMW into the future of digitalization and mobility.
We offer you to take up the exciting role of a Software Engineer for one of our Infotainment or Driver Assistance Systems projects.
What awaits you?
- You develop customer functions in the domains Infotainment, Driver Assistance Systems or Autonomous Driving.
- You will become a member of an international and fast-moving team of highly qualified software professionals.
- You are utilizing state of the art agile development methodology and will work on all phases of software development, always with the goal of deploying to an upcoming series car project.
- We are working in cross-functional teams where you sketch concepts and ideas, design and evaluate solutions and finally implement and test the software.
- Testing includes verification in simulation, on the target hardware and in the car.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Embedded Systems or related fields.
- Strong expertise in embedded software engineering with C++.
- Passion for software quality; expertise in CI and test automatization as well as software quality practices.
- Expertise in one or more of the following fields is beneficial: infotainment, navigation, localization, automotive maps, driver assistance systems, autonomous driving, sensor fusion, real time systems, functional safety.
- Expertise in utilizing agile development methodology like Scrum.
- Fluent English for professional use, German is a plus.
You are a self-motivated team player who likes to work with highly professional colleagues on developing BMW’s future customer functions? Apply now!
What do we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive remuneration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.