Everything starts with passion at the BMW Group. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and bringing innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opinion is valued.
More than 90% of automotive innovations are based on electronics and software. That's why creative freedom and lateral thinking are so important in the pursuit of truly new solutions. Naturally, that includes flexible working models, so that our IT specialists are free to go in unconventional directions.
To revolutionise the future of mobility, one has to go ahead and set standards today. Intelligent technologies that are increasingly taking over driving tasks and providing greater safety and comfort are already in use in our vehicles. Increasing our lead in autonomous driving will need visionary thinkers and creative developers. Specialists in the fields of machine learning, artificial intelligence, sensor technology and software development will work in expert teams, in centers of excellence networked around the world, to redefine the limits of what is possible.
With vehicle software becoming ever more complex, it’s not just who uses the cleverest algorithms but how they are integrated that will increasingly determine the future of mobility. Modern tools are needed in order for the code to have an impact where it counts. However, even more important is the right people with the perspective to ensure all these separate elements “come together on the road”.
But new possibilities often go hand in hand with new risks. With the increased networking of vehicle systems and therewith rising exchange of big data, one has to face a constantly growing risk of cyber-attacks. Protecting automotive IT from these threats is essential in order to bring innovative systems safely onto the roads. Which is why we need experts who live and breathe IT security and who can use innovative software solutions to develop countermeasures from threat analysis through to suitable security architecture and implementation.
Ready to shape the future of mobilty with us? Then we look forward to receiving your application. To find more about us as an employer and apply online, go to http://www.bmwgroup.com/careers
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
As a fully owned subsidiary of BMW AG we are a cornerstone in the company’s transition into the next 100 years where software plays a crucial role. One of our many areas of activity is the development infotainment head unit systems: a hyper-connected multimedia information and entertainment hub in the car.
What awaits you?
- You will be working in the team developing BMW's user interface for autonomous driving functions.
- You will design and implement components and APIs.
- Furthermore you analyze and solve technical problems together with our partners in the functional departments.
- You’ll write code and automated tests (MockK, Espresso).
- You develop a modern Kotlin or Java code base using today’s best software practices like Git, code review, automated testing and CI.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in information technology or a comparable course of study.
- Practical experience in Kotlin and Java programming.
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented software development and Android app development.
- Familiarity with agile processes and development / Software quality practices such as code reviews.
- Expertise on methods and tools for CI and test automatization.
- Experience with Linux and C++ development would be a plus.
- Self-driven and able to work independently as member of a Scrum team.
- Fluent business English, German would be an advantage.
Earliest starting date: 1.3.2021
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: max. 28
+49 89 382-17001