Everything starts with passion at the BMW Group. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and bringing innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opinion is valued.
More than 90% of automotive innovations are based on electronics and software. That's why creative freedom and lateral thinking are so important in the pursuit of truly new solutions. Naturally, that includes flexible working models, so that our IT specialists are free to go in unconventional directions.
To revolutionise the future of mobility, one has to go ahead and set standards today. Intelligent technologies that are increasingly taking over driving tasks and providing greater safety and comfort are already in use in our vehicles. Increasing our lead in autonomous driving will need visionary thinkers and creative developers. Specialists in the fields of machine learning, artificial intelligence, sensor technology and software development will work in expert teams, in centers of excellence networked around the world, to redefine the limits of what is possible.
With vehicle software becoming ever more complex, it’s not just who uses the cleverest algorithms but how they are integrated that will increasingly determine the future of mobility. Modern tools are needed in order for the code to have an impact where it counts. However, even more important is the right people with the perspective to ensure all these separate elements “come together on the road”.
But new possibilities often go hand in hand with new risks. With the increased networking of vehicle systems and therewith rising exchange of big data, one has to face a constantly growing risk of cyber-attacks. Protecting automotive IT from these threats is essential in order to bring innovative systems safely onto the roads. Which is why we need experts who live and breathe IT security and who can use innovative software solutions to develop countermeasures from threat analysis through to suitable security architecture and implementation.
Ready to shape the future of mobilty with us? Then we look forward to receiving your application. To find more about us as an employer and apply online, go to http://www.bmwgroup.com/careers
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
At BMW Car IT, a wholly owned subsidiary of BMW AG, we live and breathe software. We design and implement embedded software for the electronic control units of the BMW cars as well as related tools and frameworks.
We are searching for a Senior Software Quality Engineer with passion for innovative embedded Software Solutions.Our area of responsibility is?the?development of Middleware functions in the Infotainment Systems for connected cars.?
What awaits you?
- You will take part in projects being involved with validation phases of the software development process to ensure the appropriate level of quality.
- Your responsibility is to work within development teams assisting the team in creating software that fits for release.
- Specify, develop, build and maintain test tools and associated software.
- Lead in developing a documented test strategy for product software.
- Develop test plans that cover unit, functional, integration, system, performance, stress and regression testing scenarios.
- Report traceability based on software / system requirements.
- Drive test automatization and integration to the CI/CD system.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Proficient in a scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash).
- Experience with ASPICE and CMMI models.
- Ability to influence and drive quality across the team and disciplines required.
- Experience with agile/scrum.
- Experience with a variety of processor platforms and software embedded development is a big plus.
- ISTQB certification is a plus.
- Functional Safety experience is a plus.
- English skills required, proficient verbal and written skills in German is a big plus.
Do you enjoy working in an international team? Apply now!
What do we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive renumeration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
+49 89 382-17001