Linux System Administrator
Berryville Holdings, LLC (BVH) is a high-grade software development and services company dedicated to providing leading edge technology solutions to customers with complicated and challenging cyber defense problems. Our headquarters is located outside of Washington D.C. in the northern Virginia area. Our unique software solutions are devised and maintained by highly talented developers across the country.
Berryville Holdings, LLC provides an escape from the standard corporate grind and offers a demanding, rewarding, fast-paced work environment. In addition to competitive pay and standard benefits, BVH offers monetary and time-off bonuses for extraordinary performance without the traditional limitations and hurdles of other corporations. This personal investment between the company and the employee has enabled BVH to produce a premier cyber defense software solution while becoming an established presence in the cyber defense sector. Join us to realize your full potential, to focus your talents on rewarding and meaningful work, and to aid in the cyber defense challenges currently facing each of us.
Berryville Holdings, LLC is seeking a highly motivated, experienced, Information Technology Administrator who can, unaided, maintain the availability and security of corporate systems. Administrative responsibilities span Linux, Android, and Windows operating systems. Proficiency in one scripting language is mandatory. Additional duties include conducting regular quality assurance checks of our complex cyber protection platform, testing new releases of this platform, and the ability to stand up, operate, and demonstrate product functionality. This is an onsite position that necessitates the job responsibilities be conducted at the Lansford, PA operations center. Salary is dependent on experience and ability. Potential candidates must pass an extensive criminal background check. This position is W2 only. Below is a summary of job responsibilities and a list of necessary job skills/work experiences:
- Install and support BVH technology (Physical Servers, cloud servers, embedded device, network equipment)
- Assist in the planning, support, and extension of future IT needs
- Regularly install and operate our software product and report its quality to developers
- Set up and operate all aspects of the product Troubleshoot general hardware, software, and network issues
- Install and support office technology (Desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, A/V, network equipment)
- Catalog and organize all lab equipment and IT inventory
- Must be located in the northern VA area.
- 5-7 years of Linux command line experience (preferably on ubuntu and debian distributions)
- Extensive knowledge using an SSH Client (Ex. Putty), including the generation and application of key pairs
- Proficiency in a scripting language
- Must be able to Script or program automated tasks.
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks
- Working knowledge of web, database, application servers
- Hands-on Networking experience (firewalls, switches, routers)
- Post-secondary education related to this position
- Experience with a variety of Cloud Providers (Amazon, Rackspace, Softlayer, etc..)
- Experience with in-house Cloud solutions (VMWare, OpenStack, etc.)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
Visit our website for more information: https://www.bvhllc.com
BVH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.