As a software engineer for the Python data science stack at QuantCo you take care of developing the ecosystem that powers all the development in data science and machine learning in Python. In addition to having the best methods and mathematics, we also need to have the best toolset to work efficiently. To achieve this, you have an eye for the inefficiencies in the infrastructure provided to analyze and train machine learning models. You ensure that we have state-of-the-art technologies and algorithms in place and apply your craftsmanship to ensure that we have clean and fast code. As part of your job, you will improve the general ecosystem by contributing to existing (open source) tools and build libraries so that data science is done with the same craftmanship as building highly reliable applications.
We are looking for team players with an entrepreneurial mindset that will bring:
- Ability to write clean, effective, and production-ready code,
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Python, Go, Java, C++, and/or similar languages,
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and similar concepts/tools,
- Demonstrated ability to learn continuously, work independently, and make smart decisions with minimal supervision,
- Adaptability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams of technical and non-technical individuals with different cultural backgrounds,
- Business proficiency in English
- Familiarity with the Python Data stack, e.g. numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, …
- Understanding of how technical decisions impact end-users,
- Conversational proficiency in German is an asset in our German and Swiss offices, but is not required.
- Willingness to travel