At WorkStep, we make the industrial sector a better place to work. For workers, we provide intelligent job matching and feedback loops. For enterprise customers, our technology helps source, screen, and retain hourly talent at scale. We recently closed our series A, are seeing high demand, and are growing our team.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to join our team. You will have a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-paced startup that is helping to solve some of the biggest challenges for the industrial workforce. In this role, you will report to the CTO and will be responsible for building and maintaining critical reports and analyses, as well as hunting for transformative insights among our vast data repositories. The analyst will also be the primary owner of our job advertisement bidding engine and its performance.
This role is ideal for you if you are familiar with a wide range of analytic methods (such as mathematical programming, data modeling, and statistical tests) and are comfortable extracting, manipulating, and collating large datasets from different sources with varying degrees of consistency or completeness.
- Deliver clear analysis summaries for research briefs to support business and product development decisions
- Maintain the WorkStep bidding engine and identify ways to improve its performance
- Build and maintain critical business reports
- Identify potential business opportunities or efficiencies through self-guided experiments and data-dives
- Collaborate on cross-functional initiatives where insights offer significant leverage
- At least 2 years of professional experience in business development and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in applied mathematics, business analytics, statistics, economics, computer sciences, or engineering
- An expert command of SQL
- Programming or scripting experience, ideally in Python
- Experience with R, Matlab, or other mathematical programming
- Familiarity with visualization tools
- Experience with marketing analytics preferred
- Strong communication skills