Come work on engineering problems at scale that benefit all of our lives!! PayIt's platform has helped over 80 million US citizens. We make things like paying a parking ticket, getting a driver's license renewed, or paying property taxes quick, mobile, and efficient.
We're coming off of another record year! We're a funded company, in scale-up mode, and our growth is fueling our hiring. We expect to do a lot of hiring this year.
We are currently hiring an Engineering Manager for our Data and Analytics Function.
Our tech stack is cutting-edge and cloud-native. We use modern languages, leverage functional programming, and build REST-based microservices on top of SQL and NoSQL databases. Our services run in docker containers and are orchestrated by Kubernetes. In fact, we were an early Kubernetes adopted and got a shout-out at the keynote of KubeCon 2020 for our K8's journey.
We work at the intersection of GovTech of FinTech by providing a modern tech experience for the everyday citizen. If you are interested in solving problems around performance, security, modularity, configurability, and/or accessibility while working with large cloud-based data sets, come change the future of Government Technology with PayIt.
The Platform Engineering Team is our critical link between applications and the infrastructure platform, building infrastructure as code and partnering with our application development teams to make their services more observable, scalable and reliable.
Why Join Our Team:
We were one of the first Kubernetes clusters in the midwest and have always worked on the edge of innovation. We even received a shoutout at KuberCon 2020 for our K8's and K9's journey.
Note: We are a cloud-native platform that currently lives in AWS.
- You will own efforts from sprint planning to delivery and be expected to take on new problems to continually push our technology forward.
- Design, develop and implement solutions that improve the stability, scalability, availability, reliability, observability, and latency of PayIt products services.
- Design, build and operate (cloud) infrastructure to enable reliable and rapid deployment of microservices with effective monitoring and resilient operations.
- Set up critical infrastructure, develop tools and framework to automate operational tasks, deployment of machines, services, and applications.
- Collaboratively represent Platform Engineering in design reviews while working cross-functionally with Engineering teams on operational readiness and compliance qualifications.
- Identify and drive opportunities to improve automation for code deployment, management, and visibility of application services.
- Collaborative partner in end-to-end monitoring and alerting on all critical components of PayIt products while sharing the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents.
- Experience with the development and operation of high-traffic backend systems
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex distributed systems handling high volume transactions with troubleshooting skills that span application, OS, networking (TCP/IP), and system layers.
- Strong experience relational and non-relational DB’s.
- Familiarity building a CI/CD pipeline (Git, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.) leveraging configuration management tools such as AWS CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, etc.
- Proficiency with a programming language like Python, Go and shell scripting to automate tasks.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, communication, and teamwork skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work on collaboratively.
- Self-disciplined, self-managed, self-motivated and strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
Bonus Points for:
- Experience in a site reliability or infrastructure engineering function for IaaS, PaaS, or SaaS company fostering a DevOps culture/mindset.
- Expertise in AWS cloud computing and its related services
- Passion for automation and monitoring instrumentation in the code.