As a Data Engineer at QuantCo, you will integrate our clients’ technical systems with our industry-leading statistical and machine learning models. You will work alongside our data scientists, economists, and software engineers to solve technical and quantitative challenges ensuring that our solutions produce value for our clients.
To achieve this, you will own the entire software development process from high-level system design and prototyping to application development and data integration. You will contribute to our data pipelines with your expertise in scalable data-driven systems. You will have the opportunity to manage technical projects with both internal and client stakeholders and spearhead collaborative efforts to solve critical technical issues with immediate and long-term business impact.
We are looking for team players with an entrepreneurial mindset that will bring:
- In-depth knowledge of Python, pandas and its open-source ecosystem, with a focus on parallelized processing,
- Experience in configuring and working with relational databases in the terabyte scale, e.g. MS SQL Server,
- Several years of experience working on and designing data-intensive applications and/or pipelines,
- Commitment to ensuring data quality and integrity of complex systems within a time-sensitive environment,
- Experience with OS-independent, cross-platform development,
- Passion to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams of technical and non-technical individuals with different cultural backgrounds on health-related (business) problems,
- Business proficiency in English and German
- Passion for using and contributing to the open-source data science ecosystem,
- Ability to evaluate the business value of different technical projects and prioritize appropriately,
- Willingness to travel,