Senior Ruby on Rails (ROR) Developer
Springbig is the leading loyalty marketing and communications platform in the cannabis industry, working with over 1,300 unique storefronts and building up a cumulative database of over 20 million consumers. Our Software as a Service (SaaS) platform allows our dispensary clients to configure a custom loyalty program and through this loyalty program build a database of consumers. Our platform also boasts this industry’s most comprehensive communications engine, allowing our dispensary clients to market to their database of consumers via SMS and email (primarily focused on SMS marketing) in a personalized way.
Springbig recently launched a new platform, Brands by Springbig. This is also a SaaS platform, and it allows cannabis brands to collaborate with our dispensary clients to send engaging SMS campaigns to the dispensary’s database of consumers. A brand can use this platform to place an advertisement on top of hundreds of thousands of text messages and drive their products’ sell-through like never before!
Our headquarters are located in beautiful Boca Raton, FL with team members distributed around the country.
What will I be working on?
As a Senior ROR Developer, you’ll be working with us in all aspects of the product, from its core infrastructure to its front-end. As a part of the development team, you’ll wear multiple hats, turn ambiguity into details, take the lead on building complex features and continuously find opportunities to improve performance and increase reliability.
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional software development experience in Ruby on Rails (ROR)
- Significant experience building web applications that have shipped.
- You are comfortable managing other developers and conducting code reviews.
- Experience working with Rails, CoffeeScript, Sass, Rspec/Capybara, Slim, MySQL and Git in a team environment.
- You enjoy writing well-tested, well-organized code.
Preferred Experiences: React Native, AWS Kinesis, Athena, API Gateway, Vue or other JS frameworks.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, development and delivery of database solutions, back end applications, process, and APIs
- Implement the integration with external APIs and data providers.
- Design, develop, and deploy the APIs to integrate across multiple new and existing business applications.
- Manage and deploy the infrastructure to support the platform ecosystem.
- Coordinate the development with other technology platforms.
- Design the database schemas.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance (QA) during hand-over and subsequent defect correction (fixes bugs).
- Refactoring, as necessitated by addition of features or in response to code review.
- Implement automated tests.
- Continuous interaction with Team members via Jira, Confluence and other tools
Our current stack:
- Rails 6
- Vue.js / React Native
- MySQL 8 / Aurora PostgreSQL 11
What are we looking for in a team member?
- Your specialization is just as important as your ability to learn fast, communicate and adapt to shifting priorities.
We’re especially fond of people who:
- Communicate well and articulate ideas clearly.
- Focus on project goals, not just writing code.
- Contribute ideas.
- Take initiative.
- Have a hacker mindset and master the fine art of balancing time, features, and quality of code.
- You know when to unit test and when to “just ship it”.
What’s it like to work at springbig?
It’s awesome! We’re a driven, passionate, responsible group who values professional growth and work life balance.
Why you should work with us:
- We are a fun start-up, with a start-up culture.
- Our company is continually growing and always innovating and creating new features for ourselves and our clients.
- Company atmosphere is collaborative, passionate and fun.
- Casual dress code
- Work with some of the best & brightest technical minds in the industry! We learn from and share knowledge with each other every day.
We take care of our team members:
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k match
- Great health benefits (medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, Life Insurance)
- Casual and comfortable working environment
And infuse lightness and creativity into our days:
- Stocked coffee, snacks and candy “bar”
- Pizza parties and team lunches
- Laser Tag in the office
- Spontaneous games of tabletop cornhole or NERF wars
- Company sponsored Fantasy Football league and March Madness bracket challenge.