The Senior Software Engineer, Data Systems position in Amobee's Platform Data team is a hands-on role that contributes to Amobee’s success through leadership in large-scale systems and advanced database architecture. At Amobee, you will be working on exciting projects processing 8M events/sec in real-time. Building user identity with Spark graphs & dynamically generated ML models. We build ETL pipelines processing 15-20 terabytes of data daily! Qualified individuals will have a solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, distributed computing, and large-scale data processing.
- Large-scale data ingestion and integration – design, implement scalable ETL processes to collect and store large amount of data from multiple data centers and diverse external partners
- Design and develop a secure, highly-scalable, reliable, and performant big data platform to consume, integrate and analyze complex data using a variety of best-in-class open-source platforms and tools
- Real-time query engine – design, implement our state-of-the-art in-memory query engine to bring quick insights to customers
- Predictive analytics – design, implement our analytics platform for our customers to discover potential new consumers
- Design, implement our proprietary cutting edge Hadoop/Spark based systems
- Technical leadership – own and evolve platform components and mentor other engineers
- Collaboration on requirements – Work with the Engineering, Product Management, and Sales teams to come up with features that would help us and our clients be more productive and improve the bottom line
- Keep it running – Help troubleshoot application operational issues
- Degree in Computer Science is preferred
- Hands on experience with Spark, Hadoop and Java or Scala
- Proven hands-on experience with Kafka, Hbase a plus
- Experience developing robust and scalable data pipelines and underlying technologies
- Good understanding of Object Oriented programming and design
- Strong knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
- Proficiency in relational and NoSQL databases is preferred
- Experience with AWS and working knowledge of AWS data management, DevOps processes and technologies (Jenkins/Travis, Docker, Kubernetes, monitoring systems, etc) is a plus
- Understanding of analytics, statistics and data science algorithms a plus
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of modern operating systems and/or application scalability techniques is a plus
- Experience with Linux based operating systems is a plus
- Must be hard working, team oriented, bright, creative, cooperative, and an exceptional problem solver
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic group with a desire to be part of a small, lean and growing team
The world’s leading independent advertising platform, Amobee unifies all advertising channels—including TV, programmatic and social—across all formats and devices. We provide marketers with streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. Our platform and technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for the convergence of digital and advanced TV— including linear TV, over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video. Enabling advertisers to plan and activate across more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter.
Amobee has been named to Fortune’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising and Marketing. Amobee’s platforms have been widely recognized amongst our industry winning numerous awards in technology innovation, see all Amobee Awards. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest telco companies in the world, reaching over 700 million mobile subscribers in 21 countries. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.