You are a talented and passionate engineer. You love solving problems and making ideas come to life. You are a lifelong learner who thrives in dynamic environments and enjoys the challenge of learning new technologies and techniques. You like owning things and it is important to you that you can have a personal impact. You are a team player and enjoy collaboration, but you are also self-directed and enjoy the autonomy to be able to manage your own schedule and workload. You appreciate the importance of good communication and know that teamwork takes practice, effort and a good attitude.
You will be a member of the Amobee technology team that owns the linear television advertising services. Our platform supports many of the industry’s largest television networks, MVPDs (your traditional cable company), and advertisers across the world. This job is about the capability and energy that you bring to make world class software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support new product development, including the review of requirements and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Design and create test cases and scripts to address business and technical use cases defined within the project's test plan
- Ensure the test execution results fulfill the defined test objectives
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards resolution
- Recommend design and process improvements, to ensure the automation framework and procedures are scalable and extensible
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams/external vendors to ensure cohesion and collaboration
- Analyze data and application changes and document their impact on the performance automation task (test cases, scripting, scenario execution, etc.)
- Ensure the appropriate testing and monitoring tools/technologies are configured accordingly with the test objectives/project team requirements
- Perform API, backend, and database testing as needed
- Perform UI manual and automated testing as needed
- Provide leadership and training for team members regarding test automation, when necessary
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math or Engineering, or comparable work related experience
- 5+ years of experience working in an agile development environment as a QA/automation engineer/SDET
- Strong Java programming skills
- Experience with application testing utilizing Junit, TestNG, Apache JMeter
- Proficiency with test automation tools and framework patterns, such as Selenium Webdriver, Page Object Pattern
- Have the ability to design and implement automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience in code repository and build management using Git, CircleCI and/or Jenkins and/or Bamboo
- Strong understanding of agile software development practices, ability to lead and guide other engineers on the team
- Experience using Jira to manage test automation feature development and bug tracking
- Able to write complex SQL scripts to verify data from MySQL and SQL Server databases
- Experience using Postman to test API manually and automate API testing using Apache HTTP or RestAssured libraries
- Experience working with offshore teams to discuss technical issues
- Experience working with Amazon AWS instances and S3 bucket to verify application logs
The world’s leading independent advertising platform, Amobee unifies all advertising channels—including TV, programmatic and social—across all formats and devices. We provide marketers with streamlined, advanced media planning capabilities powered by in-depth analytics and proprietary audience data. Our platform and technology, provides the most advanced advertising solutions for the convergence of digital and advanced TV— including linear TV, over the top, connected TV, and premium digital video. Enabling advertisers to plan and activate across more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter.
Amobee has been named to Fortune’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in Advertising and Marketing. Amobee’s platforms have been widely recognized amongst our industry winning numerous awards in technology innovation, see all Amobee Awards. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Singtel, one of the largest telco companies in the world, reaching over 700 million mobile subscribers in 21 countries. Amobee operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit amobee.com or follow @amobee
In addition to our great environment, we offer a competitive base salary, employee development programs and other comprehensive benefits. Please send a cover letter along with your resume when applying to the position of interest located at Amobee.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls and no recruiting agencies, please.