For our office in Unterföhring near Munich we are looking for:
Software Engineer (m/f/d)You love stunning shows, movies and series and are passionate for digital products? – Join ProSiebenSat.1 Digital GmbH and be part of our Video Engineering team. We master the design, development and operation of ProSiebenSat.1’s live streaming and video on demand pipeline.
What you can expect in this role
- Be part of a cross-functional team of highly experienced individuals with deep competences in media technologies, cloud technologies, software development, quality assurance and product management
- You design and implement cloud-based services for our live streaming and video on demand infrastructure, focusing on services around packaging and transcoding of audio and video, conditional access and content protection
- You deliver media files for playback on web browsers, mobile apps, Smart TVs and HDMI sticks
- Technical services and customer processes are monitored by you and you strive for the continuous optimization of the service quality
- You follow market trends and analyze new video and audio formats, video coding technologies, streaming and encryption technologies
- You keep an agile mindset by working with agile frameworks like Kanban and Scrum
Your essential experience and education
- You have a university degree in computer science, information technology, media engineering, or equivalent
- You have a broad knowledge of modern web technologies, frameworks and tools such as HTTP(S), DNS, JSON, REST, apache, nginx, MySQL, NoSQL, git, Gitlab CI, Jenkins etc.
- You are experienced with AWS cloud services, especially autoscaling and serverless infrastructures and have profound knowledge of CI/CD, Test and Deployment automation as well as Docker
- Furthermore you have a “You build it, you run it”- mentality, appreciate high quality software and feel comfortable using a Linux shell
- You possess very good English skills, German is a plus