ProQuest – Who we are…ProQuest – Who we are…
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights.
What if you came to work each day ready to revolutionize the future of research, teaching and learning? That’s how it feels to be a ProQuest employee. Whatever your chosen career path, you have an important role in helping ProQuest build the resources that empower librarians, faculty and students to create extraordinary outcomes. Software Engineer
Senior QA Engineer (Content)
What will I be doing?
The Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer is responsible for debugging software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. The incumbent is also responsible for developing, modifying, and executing software test plans and test automation.
In this position, you will also…
• Tests software applications and reports problems to development team.
• Creates and maintains test plans, a test environment, test data, and testing tools.
• Participates in the software development process to enable and continually measure improvements in quality.
• Works with development teams to assure complete functionality of software applications.
• Consistent and efficient execution of existing manual and automated tests.
• Continual development of new manual and automated test solutions as appropriate.
• Maintains flexibility and strong working relationships with peers and management.
Reasons you should apply...
1. You are a self-starter who can advance our existing system to the next level!
2. You have experience with testing, including automated testing!
3. You want to work in a purpose driven organization!
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You don’t have strong Quality Assurance experience.
2. You do your best work as a solo artist; the rest of the group just slows you down.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field, or equivalent industry experience.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in quality assurance.
• Experience with web test automation frameworks.
• Experience testing REST APIs and web services.
• Experience working in an Agile development environment.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have…
• Experience testing legacy applications.
• Experience with cloud hosting – Amazon AWS, Azure, Heroku, etc.
• Experience contributing to test automation frameworks using C# or Java (Selenium, Calabash/Appium, TestNG, RSpec, etc.).
• Experience writing/running database queries using SQL (MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
• Familiarity with open source libraries and tools.
• Familiarity with DVCS (Git, Gitflow) and branching.
• Proficient with UNIX or Windows system essentials.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America’s Best Mid-Size Employers
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we embrace the power of our people and value our differences — in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience — recognizing that our diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse, inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers, clients, and communities.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based in one of our ProQuest office locations, including Bethesda, MD or Ann Arbor, MI (once we return to our offices).
• This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest/PQ seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are a passionate professional with a drive for success, please consider joining our talented team!!