Media Platforms is looking for seasoned software engineers at various levels At Media Platforms, our technology, tools, services and solutions touch hundreds of millions of lives by driving experiences, and growing businesses. Our team of engineers, product managers, data scientists and designers build a suite of products to lead the way in shaping and managing the future of publishing. Click here to learn more about our engineering and product teams and the brands that we serve.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate software engineer who is eager to learn and contribute to team success. Our teams work in an agile environment and we value collaboration and respect, learning new skills, and a high quality of work. We are looking to fill roles with varying levels of seniority presently.
What You’ll Do:
Be part of a development team that innovates and creates modern tools and features that will be used across the entire Hearst content platform.
- Participate in key software design, working directly with other engineers, the product team, devops, and the editorial team.
Who You Are:
- You take initiative to constantly improve individually and as a part of a team
- You have experience in a role building software for consumer-facing web applications, preferably large-scale and content-focused
- You have the ability to take a feature or service to full completion, from working with our back-end tech through front-end implementation
- You are excited to mentor and collaborate with less experienced engineers
- You have understanding of microservices architecture
- You have experience building RESTful APIs
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience
- You are eager to learn any other languages/frameworks that apply
- You have PostgreSQL experience (or similar relational database)
- You have experience working some flavor of Linux
- You are familiar with database performance tuning / caching strategies
- Experience with large-scale / high-traffic systems
- Experience with job queueing
- Experience logging and monitoring tools
- Experience with GraphQL API integration
- Experience Docker
- Experience with Amazon AWS
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with eCommerce platforms
- Understanding of payment processing
- Experience with Kubernetes
- System Architecture
- Experience with user Generated Content systems
- Experience with content management / distribution systems