As Switzerland’s leading digital hub, we provide our media and platforms with enabling technology solutions, to drive their businesses. We stand for interdisciplinary collaboration, innovation and dynamic development.
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
20 Minuten is the most-read media platform in Switzerland. On average, our digital products hit over 1 billion page impressions and are used by over 6.5 millions unique clients each month.
- Start-up energy working with a brilliant and passionate team
- Flat structure and access to senior leadership for continuous mentorship
- Meritocracy - we promote based on performance, not tenure
- You will be working with a strong team with prior work experience
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with 5 years of experience who loves tackling messy problems and coming up with clean, stable solutions that scale. The ideal candidate would be someone who has a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions. They would also be intimately familiar (and up to date) with their development ecosystem for making sound decisions when it comes to choosing the right tool or library for the job. We expect our engineers to be able to contribute across the entire product stack, as well as collectively oversee the integrity of the codebase and provide mentorship to help guide and grow junior team members.
Our technical stack
- REST api
- MongoDB (atlas), Postgres (AWS RDS)
- Redis (session storage, task queue management)
- Jest test runner
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS EC2 nodes.
- At least 5 years of full time software development experience
- Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Knowledge of NodeJS ecosystem (tooling, libraries, etc.).
- Familiarity with one or more frontend frameworks, preferably React.
- Solid understanding of performance implications and scalability of code.
- Strong desire to write good, meaningful tests and maintain thorough test coverage.
- Experience with large, complex code bases and know how to maintain them.
Good to have
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience with React Native and/or GraphQL and Apollo.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and a variety of fringe benefits
- Choose your OS and Hardware (Mac, Windows, Linux)
- International team and working environment of talented and fun people
- Personal further education, as well as regular international travels
- Excellent work-life balance