The purpose of the Desktop Engineer is to be a technical leader on the IT Desktop Support team, providing expert-level technical guidance for deploying solutions at scale. The position will be highly visible in the organization and will help the team scale with business growth. The role will be responsible for designing and improving programs that directly impact cybersecurity, customer experience, and stability.
- Automate and build software packages for deployment via SCCM, Autopilot, and/or Intune.
- Implement procedures for managing devices through SCCM, Microsoft Endpoint Management, and Autopilot
- Utilize Intune Mobile Device Management (MDM), Mobile Application Management (MAM) and PC Management
- Partner with Cybersecurity to create compliance policies and remediation plans for machines out of compliance
- Apply patches to devices under management monthly, or as assigned on emergency windows
- Identify system problems and recommend solutions to improve processing efficiency and stability
- Design, implement and troubleshoot SCCM environment
- Provide recommendations around SCCM vs. Intune and/or hybrid implementations
- Leverage tools in the Microsoft Enterprise Mobility Suite to deliver a seamless end user experience while protecting business assets.
- Provide level 3 support, as well as provide input and guidance on executive issues.
- 5+ years of System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) administration and demonstrated experience using SCCM for software patching, OS version management, and system integrations
- 3+ years experience in Microsoft Cloud Services including: Azure AD, M365, SharePoint/OneDrive, ATP, Intune, Autopilot and Teams
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft Active Directory & Group Policies
- 3+ years experience with MacOS
- Demonstrate strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant work experience totaling 5 years.
- Microsoft Modern Desktop Associate
Physical and mental requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone, and keyboard.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work.
- Moderate noise (i.e., business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- The ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period.
CyrusOne is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
CyrusOne provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and any other state or local laws. We will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at CyrusOne, or to submit a resume. If you need to request accommodation, please contact our Human Resources at 214.488.1365 (Option 7) or by email at HR@cyrusone.com.