Location: Dallas/Houston/Austin, TX/Cincinnati, OH, Sterling, Virginia, Chicago, IL, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Chandler, Arizona
CyrusOne is a global enterprise data center collocation provider, dedicated to increasing the availability and efficiency of our customers’ mission-critical business applications and safeguarding their data in our highly secure data centers. The company has facilities across the United States, London, and Singapore. CyrusOne is a fast growing, publicly traded Real Estate Investment Trust (NASDAQ: CONE) and is well positioned for rapid growth.
- Design, develop, and implement integrations based on business and operations requests.
- Translate methods of procedures and workflows into functional pieces of software.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Leverage software packages such as Saltstack, PowerShell, ServiceNow and others to deliver automation capabilities
- Communicate assigned project and task status with accuracy and sensitivity to deadlines.
- Build and support cloud resources including IaaS, PaaS, and Storage Services responsible for supporting corporate resources.
- Manage assigned tickets via internal ticketing system, ensuring that updates are frequent and well-constructed.
- Experience and demonstrable technical skills in the following areas:
- Programming Fundamentals; Python; ARM Templates, Shell/PS scripting, Terraform.
- Data Handling, Formats, and Models; YAML, JSON
- Virtualization: Azure IaaS, AWS, VMWare
- Application Programming Interfaces; RESTful
- Automation/DevOps Tools; SaltStack; ServiceNow
- Understanding and adherence to DevOps principles and culture.
- Familiarity with common IT operations:
- Systems Administration: Linux, Window Server, VMWare ESXi
- Database Administration: (Microsoft) SQL, NoSQL
- Network Administration: Cisco, PaloAlto, Ruckus, Arista
- Cloud Administration; Azure; AWS
- Exposer to third-party tools such as:
- SolarWinds, NEO, NCS, ServiceNow, ZenDesk, PubNub
- Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate strong problem-solving skills.
- Capability to self-schedule time with the flexibility to handle varying workload, and still meet tight deadlines, with the ability multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, decision making, presentation and organizational skills
- Travel is required on occasion as dictated by projects
- This position requires typical weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance in an office setting, at times afterhours work may be required to meet business and customer needs
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, Master's degree preferred.
- Previous experience in a development role
Physical and mental requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, telephone and keyboard
- Reach, stoop kneel to install computer equipment
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Light to moderate lifting is required
- Ability to uphold the stress of traveling
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone, and printers, light traffic).
- Ability to work in a confined area.
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required; including quarter-driven hours as business demands dictate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.