Quantcast is hiring a Senior Systems Engineerto work on the Bidder Services Teamin ourLondonoffice. At Quantcast, we use technology to help brands and publishers understand, reach and influence the constantly-changing behaviors of consumers. In the Real-time Bidding Platforms group we respond to millions of real-time requests each second. If you’re interested in helping us grow these critical, fast, large scale distributed systems then we’d like to meet. As a Systems Engineer, you care about the health and maintainability of our systems and the velocity of the engineering team(s). You write code, architect and design systems, build out proof of concepts, and compare and contrast technology alternatives that improve systems and automation throughout our products and tech stack. You love cloud technology and enjoy working with technical teams on big problems, and you are an excellent self-directed learner.
- Engineer, operate and constantly improve large scale global systems that respond to 100s of billions of requests per day, peaking at QPS of millions
- Innovate with new designs and optimizations to improve the performance, elasticity and fault-tolerance of existing infrastructure
- Create and operate mission-critical monitoring/measurement and alarm/alert systems
- Engineer and operate solutions for automation, configuration management, CI/CD, software troubleshooting and system troubleshooting
- Provide tooling for other software engineers to run their services
- 5+ years of experience as a System Engineer, DevOps or Site Reliability Engineer
- Experience with cloud environments like AWS and using tools such as Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes or Spinnaker
- Experience delivering significant improvements in scale, runtime, cost, features or reliability under little supervision
- Degree in a topic related to Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Linux system administration/automation experience
- Experience with shell programming languages such as Python/Bash/Perl
Quantcast is an audience intelligence and measurement company headquartered in San Francisco. Combining machine learning, a privacy-by-design approach, and live data drawn from more than 100 million online destinations, Quantcast provides software, information and advertising services for marketers, publishers and advertising agencies worldwide. Founded in 2006, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.