What’s the Job?
TotallyMoney is looking for a talented front-end developer to join us on a permanent basis to help build, maintain, and take ownership of our live credit score products. The ideal candidate will have proven commercial experience developing SPAs with React, as well as mobile apps using React Native.
Our staff surveys show that we're committed to giving all employees autonomy so you can expect the freedom to prioritise your work. You'll be encouraged to maintain quality and be pushed past your own expectations. You'll be helping to build a fairer credit market so you’ll get to work on real products being used by real customers. You'll be given problems you can get stuck into. You'll use modern workflows and tooling. You'll also get the opportunity to work with AWS infrastructure and get to grips with a containerised cloud solution.
What’s the Environment?
We operate in small, cross-functional teams which are usually comprised of developers, designers and a product owner. We loosely follow Agile processes, with boards, stand-ups and stories etc., however we tend to release continually as opposed to in sprints. We follow good XP practices like TDD, BDD, integration testing, continuous integration and so on.
You’ll have a healthy interest in all kinds of tech, will want to release code every day, and be enthusiastic about adopting new technologies. We develop online tools to help customers find the best credit products available to them, and you’ll be contributing to that from your first day in the office.
In addition to your technical experience you’ll be methodical and analytical in your approach to work. You will want to go fast and will not fear responsibility or failure, have a strong desire to learn, develop every day, and to continue to try out new things. Perhaps the most satisfying thing for you is using your technical skills to make the business stronger.
- Mobile app development with React Native
- NodeJS, Express.js/Koa, NextJS
- Writing tests (for instance, we use Jest, Cypress & Canopy)
- Continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Semantic HTML5, CSS3 (Grid, Flexbox), Styled Components, Responsive Web Design
- NPM/Yarn, Webpack, Gulp, ESLint
Nice to haves (what you don't know, you can learn when you join):
- AWS (EC2/Beanstalk/ECS/Lambda)
- Split testing, Google Analytics, Loggly
- Fastlane and Native app development
- Familiarity working with the command line
- Experience integrating with RESTful backend services
- Backend development experience, especially with .NET
- An interest in functional programming (especially using F#)
What you’ll get:
- On-target bonus scheme based on company performance: we all work together to achieve our goals
- 25 days of annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase an extra week)
- 2 CEO-discretionary days off at Christmas (paid)
- 2 days off per year (paid) for charity volunteering
- Access to healthy training budgets
- 2 annual company socials, plus a regular social calendar throughout the year
- Flexible working hours
- Vitality Health Insurance and reward scheme (inc. 50% off Virgin Active gyms), Perkbox membership, wellbeing budgets and Cycle to Work scheme
- A well-stocked fridge, plus free fruit, biscuits, bagels, tea, coffee, squash, and more
- Beers, wine, music, and table tennis on Friday afternoons
- Football, badminton, and video games at lunchtimes
Highlights on Totally Money
- We’re on the path to National brand recognition, having been chosen by 2 million customers in the first 18 months since our launch
- Winners of Best Company To Work For at 2018’s Credit Awards and finalists for 2019
- Winners of Best Free Credit Report Provider at the 2018 and 2019 Moneynet Personal Finance Awards
- Holders of a 3-Star Best Companies accreditation for ‘extraordinary’ levels of staff engagement
- 52nd on the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies 2019 - we are serious about becoming the best place to work and this is a great beginning!
- Redefining how lenders help meet their customers’ needs
- Champions of diversity — of both people and ideas
- Signatories of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter
- A team of almost 80 staff – and growing fast