The Intraday Liquidity team within the Banking Technology group of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is looking for passionate Java Software Engineers to develop the innovative, externally facing Intraday Insight application from Pilot through to Generally Availability. In turn the candidate will have the opportunity to progress towards becoming a full stack developer by being mentored by the teams React expert in order for them to participate in front end development.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications for different audiences, ranging from senior business to junior technology staff.
* Experience of all stages of the agile development lifecycle, including but not limited to: refinement of requirements, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency & support.
* Diverse architecture and design experience with respect to the implementation of full-stack applications, with a React front end and Java MicroServices backend
* A balanced approach to build vs re-use of technology in order to deliver the required outcomes.
* A desire to work on an Agile project, with a focus on applying Lean techniques to maximize time spent delivering benefit.
* Experience of working collaboratively within a globally diverse team.
Technical expertise includes:
* Strong hand-on experience of implementing Java MicroServices.
* Experience of Spring, specifically including but not limited to Spring Boot, Dependency Injection, Rest Controllers, and JDBC Templates.
* Experience of the infrastructure & application design required to implement a secure, scalable, and robust end user application.
* A passion for understanding the business domain, and translating this into a clean data models.
* Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery technologies and best practices.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.