At Enveil, our engineers design and implement solutions that protect our users’ data while it is being used. We allow users to run sensitive queries or analytics over data on untrusted servers, with world-first cryptographic algorithms that never decrypt the contents of the query or its results on the untrusted system. We’re looking for full-time Deployment/DevOps Engineers to scale up our deployment team and meet rapidly growing demand.
What you’ll get to do:
- Support deployment and integration of Enveil’s software in customer environments.
- Lead customer engagements (on-site installation, education, knowledge-transfer, etc.)
- Assist customers by resolving technical support requests.
- Improve Enveil’s deployment and testing pipeline.
- Build distributed systems using technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and AWS.
- Harden algorithms and services against compromise.
- Build new services and APIs to improve user experience.
- As one of the first engineers at an early-stage start-up, you’ll be able to influence every aspect of the business, from technical direction to product design to company culture.
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years systems administration, infrastructure engineering, or DevOps experience.
- Prior experience integrating systems into enterprise networks and software infrastructure.
- Willingness to travel – 25% of the time (Northern Virginia, and internationally).
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Proficiency with Bash scripting, Python, and Java.
- Desire and ability to learn new technical skills, quickly and constantly.
Prior experience with any of the following — the more the better (prioritized highest to lowest):
- Linux system administration
- Cloud DevOps and Cloud services (Jenkins, AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
- Security architecture and Security-oriented software development (especially on Linux)
- Quality Assurance
- ETL on distributed systems (Spark, Hadoop, etc.)
- Database administration
- U.S. Citizenship
- An active TS//SCI security clearance is a big plus (and premium pay eligible), but is not required
Benefits of working at Enveil
- You are evaluated on the quality of your work, not on how much time you spend in the office.
- Work hours are extremely flexible and vacation time is unlimited.
- Family friendly work culture.
- Competitive compensation, including stock awards (RSUs).
- Top-quality medical insurance with 100% of premiums covered.
- 401(k) with matching contributions.
- Dental, vision, and FSA.