Contrast Security named to Inc.'s “Best Workplaces of 2020”
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio, without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development, to operations, to production.
About the Position
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer with at least 5 years of experience developing Node.js applications using popular frameworks, such as Express, Loopback, and Fastify. You will get exposure to a variety of impactful projects from day one. You will be asked to contribute in a meaningful way from the minute you fire-up your laptop and sync with our Git repositories. Our Node.js agent software engineers are some of the best and brightest individuals working with Node.js. We integrate deeply into the Node.js internals and instrument many popular web application frameworks and database connectors. An ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of the Node.js single-threaded event loop and some exposure/experience with C++ and the development of Node.js native modules.
This position is US-based but can work remotely from any US time zone. There will eventually be occasional travel for off-site events.
- Provides technical leadership and insight to members of the Node.js team
- Collaborates with the UI/UX and support teams to implement features and enhancements
- Actively contributes in agile ceremonies, code reviews, and agent releases
- Investigates third-party web frameworks and servers to research and implement instrumentation approaches
- Builds web applications to test our agent in our automated pipeline
- Participates in the Node.js open source community
- Software development background in Node.js
- At least 5 years of industry experience as a software engineer and 3 years working with Node.js
- Writing and troubleshooting Node.js services built with one or more popular frameworks, such as Express, Hapi, Loopback, Koa, or Fastify
- Agile software development processes and ceremonies
- Software pipeline and collaboration tools such as GitHub, Jira, Confluence, and Slack
- DevOps experience with AWS to support automated functional testing or application operations
- Linux, Docker, and cloud-based deployment
- You’ll wow us if you have experience with:
- You are an active contributor to one or more open source projects
- Development of Node.js native modules
- Experience with Terraform for creating test environments as code
- Application security practices and concepts
- You are comfortable working remotely and collaborating virtually
- You approach problems from a product perspective, thinking through how the user will interact with what you're building
- You have strong communication skills. You ask questions, let others know when you need help, and tell others what you need
- You're a problem solver. You believe the best work is the result of finding the simplest elegant solutions to complex challenges
- You see the big picture. You like to understand how the code you write interacts with systems and services, both internally and externally
- You think about algorithms and regular expressions while you sleep
- You love all things String-related... specifically String literals and String objects (this is how we track vulnerabilities).You want to become a Node.js expert and assimilate a deep understanding of the Node.js architecture and internal features.
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Daily in-office team lunches (when offices are open)
- Meaningful stock plans
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible paid time off
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
We work hard, and we have fun doing it.
Solve the impossible. Easy = boring.
If you’re looking for a fun work environment and like a challenge, you’ll love Contrast Security.
If you're amazing but missing some of the requirements, we'd love for you to apply anyway. Please apply and include a link to your Github or BitBucket account, as well as any links to some of your projects if available.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers, to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.