The Developer Experience group is dedicated to making Bloomberg’s Engineers productive, efficient and agile using state-of-the-art development and deployment tooling. We are forming and bringing together the talent we need to build the best tools, and consolidating existing development groups and products in order to have the biggest impact on the overall developer experience: from coding, building, linking, linting, and testing all the way to deployment.
We are the Developer Experience DevSecOps group. We drive the adoption and development of security tools and workflows that supports Bloomberg Engineering's day-to-day needs. Whether we’re designing our next generation security controls, or threat modeling our cloud services, our goal is to define the future of how we secure Bloomberg’s infrastructure. That’s where you come in.
As an engineer working in DevSecOps, you’ll be trusted to understand security requirements of our cloud services, provide guidance for usable infrastructure security, ensure that logical security controls are manageable at our scale, and much more. You will be working with engineers across the company to execute the roadmap for future security technologies and define the experience around them.
We'll expect you to:
- Support new product development and guide teams to appropriate security architectures. Take a leadership role in defining tools, techniques and technologies used to secure and monitor Bloomberg’s cloud infrastructure.
- Prototype infrastructure technologies, and understand how they fit into Bloomberg's existing environment.
- Foster a culture of security consciousness while understanding the trade-offs between security, usability and performance at the large scale.
- Help develop strategies to secure Bloomberg’s financial products, network, and cloud architecture.
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of hands on programming experience in Python or Golang
- Proven track record with building cloud services
- Experience collaborating with technical architects to deliver on a vision
- Knowledge building and maintaining cloud security management frameworks
- Experience with cloud provisioning and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible
We'd love to see:
- Forward-thinking, love to learn new technologies and self-starter demeanor
- A track-record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across many functions.
- Experience developing usable security tools in a professional setting or open source.
- Experience of automation throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of AWS/Azure/Google Cloud security services and tools.
- Experience with cloud security management tools, such as Splunk, Dome9.
- Familiarity with cryptography techniques, tools and processes.
- Experience of CI/CD toolchain such as Jenkins, Github, Artifactory, X-ray
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.