- Take full ownership of a service, and its production operation in a highly complex and globally distributed system scalable to handle tens of billions of real-time transactions per day.
- Innovate with new designs and optimizations to enhance the performance of existing infrastructure.
- Understand complex technical and/or business problems that are both sizeable and ambiguous and turn these into effective design and implementation.
- Actively communicate thoughts, designs, and progress on various initiatives across functions through both verbal and written means to technical audiences, articulating any assumptions and/or proposed tradeoffs.
- Support the engineering organization, including managers, by driving technical design and strategy. This includes actively mentoring more junior engineers, participating in cross-team design, and ensuring operational excellence.
- Be a thought leader in the area of improvement of development and production operation processes.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Passionate about engineering excellence, good practices and continuous improvement thereof
- Experience with high volume data processing
- Experience with Distributed Computing / MapReduce or other large scale computing systems such as Hadoop, Kubernetes, and Spark
- Hands-on experience creating high-performance multi-threaded programs in Java, C++ or similar object-oriented programming language
- Experience in high volume data processing in the online space
Quantcast is an audience intelligence and measurement company headquartered in San Francisco. Combining machine learning, a privacy-by-design approach, and live data drawn from more than 100 million online destinations, Quantcast provides software, information, and advertising services for marketers, publishers, and advertising agencies worldwide. Founded in 2006, Quantcast has employees in 20 offices across 10 countries. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone can be their authentic self. We work to ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request the accommodation.