Workforce Technology (WT) is the central steward for the design, build, and asset management for the firm's Human Capital technology & Information across all lines of business and global regions. Workforce Technology provides technology support for staffing and on-boarding, employee records, payroll, talent management, compensation, benefits, learning, employee and manager service, workforce planning and analytics, and back office call center operations.
The central reporting and analytics team in WFT is responsible to rollout a modern day, reporting and analytics platform for all of HR data, using Hadoop Cloudera big data technology, machine learning capabilities & a range of BI tools for end user data consumption.
As a data engineer for our new reporting platform, the hired candidate will be part of high performing team and responsible for end to end data integration, transformation & consumption solution on our analytics platform.
The primary responsibilities of the Big Data Engineer are as follows.
* Development and implementation of code for big data development, data pipeline mgmt. & data security
* Work with the business stakeholders to understand the business requirements and design appropriate solutions.
* Engage with other CT & JPMC big data teams to share and develop best practices.
* Support Big data to AWS migration as part of strategic re-platform initiative.
* Provide problem-solving expertise and complex analysis of data to understand data issues and provide solutions.
* Support of the production platform
* Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in building of data engineering platforms, with minimum three years of hands on experience using various big data technologies such as Hadoop Cloudera Platform, Spark, Scala, Hive, Elastic Search, Impala, SQOOP, Oozie etc.
* Proven experience in implementing a production ready, highly scalable, end to end solution on a big data platform is a must.
* Understanding of CI/CD methodology, micro-services development techniques is a strong plus
* Data driven mindset, experience in data analysis and data mining, including advanced SQL knowledge and BI tools is required.
* Ability to collaborate with business teams in order to understand, translate and capture the requirements and come-up with practical and innovative solutions.
* Experience working with HR Domain is a strong plus.
* Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms is a plus.
* Bachelors' degree in Computer Science, Information Mgmt or related field of study or equivalent Information Technology work experience
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans