Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platform Group (DPG) as a Cloud Software Engineer!
We are looking for a candidate for the role of Cloud Software Engineer in Intel's Data Platform Group (DPG). As a cloud software engineer, you will work on developing and improving the automation to facilitate seamless integrations and validations both on-premise and cloud platforms. In this role, you will work with various software application teams to understand the application and how applications perform on-premise and cloud platforms to enable the users to leverage the automation to help with performance evaluation and analysis.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Invent, design, build, deliver, and operate solutions that drive standards and efficiency across the ecosystem.
- Build the infrastructure that allows other software engineers to quickly deploy, run and scale their software.
- Plan, design, develop, test, and modify software systems or applications for enhancements and new products that are specifically focused on cloud service development.
- Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
In this position, you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related field plus 4 years of industry work experience
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 4+ years scripting in Python
- 4+ years of computer architecture, operating system, data structure and algorithm, and distributed systems
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), including Agile, code quality, release engineering
- 4+ years of experience in validation and debug of software
- 4+ years of experience with software testing and test methodology functional integration regression or performance testing
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience with software workload tuning, including workload performance data collection, bottleneck analysis, and performance optimization across different layers of the software stack
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud, Data Center software (Hypervisor or Container-based Orchestration system e.g. Kubernetes, Docker).
- 3+ years of experience with machine learning, deep learning model, and software optimization on CPU/GPU.
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
Virtual US and Canada
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US, Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here