Come and join us! Intel’s Ethernet Customer Solutions (ECS) team under the Data Center Group (DCG) is looking for a Ethernet Manageability Applications Engineer to enable and support customers of Intel’s server class wired Ethernet products in Manageability technologies.
In this role, your primary focus would be Ethernet Products Manageability feature enablement. Engage in Manageability feature architecture, design and implementation discussions with Intel customers and internal architecture, product design, business development and marketing teams. Drive EPG wide Manageability feature and system level quality. Define scope and drive manageability feature and system level manageability validation improvements. Participate and contribute to Manageability feature discussions at industry standard bodies like DMTF. Assist other team members in debugging manageability feature related issues on customer products.
As an Ethernet Manageability Applications Engineer you will work closely with Software, Hardware, and Firmware development and validation as well as product marketing and business acceleration managers to help assure that Ethernet product Manageability feature designs and implementations meet requirements for targeted customer designs. This position will require a combination of working independently, with peers, design engineers, software engineers, and software architects to influence product features, reliability, supportability and ensure that customer needs and requirements are being addressed in a timely manner. Complex system-level issue debug, problem solving, multi-tasking, organization, and customer and stakeholder management skills are critical to success.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Performs network product design, development, testing, documentation, and analysis of software applications.
- Assignments include development of new programs and subprograms, as well as, enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Duties include designing application, writing code, completing programming, and developing and executing testing and debugging routines, and documenting work and results.
- May be responsible for developing or executing project plans, budgets and schedules and for documentation of work and results.
- These positions develop software applications for external customers.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Direct customer interaction experience, preferably in technical debug support role.
- Comfortable task switching and managing multiple tasks at the same time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers of all skill levels (novice thru expert).
- Willing to work effectively in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
In this position you will gain invaluable experience which will allow growth and expanded opportunities within this business group as well as future possible opportunities with other business groups within Intel.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 3 plus years of related experience or a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 2 plus years of related experience.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in networking stack solutions development network driver development and/or network driver support
- 3+ years’ experience with current computer networking architecture protocols topologies and networking products such as Ethernet InfiniBand or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience with system level server network debug involving hardware software and firmware
- 2+ years’ experience with manageability architecture manageability stack development and DMTF specifications
- 2+ years’ experience implementing enhancing and executing scripts for scalable test automation Python BASH Perl Powershell etc.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Manageability interfaces like PCI VDM SMBus and RMII
- Experience with Redfish/RDE
- Experience with Server platform Preboot environment and protocols
Inside this Business Group
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, Santa Clara;US, Oregon, Hillsboro
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.