The Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) Power Performance team is looking for an experienced Software Architect with deep knowledge of cloud deployment and optimization to develop features for the next generation of server architecture for the cloud. This candidate is expected to work closely with CPU performance team to apply cloud capabilities to optimize CPU hardware and will collaborate with CPU architects to develop technologies to improve CPU hardware for cloud applications. Understanding and clearly articulating cloud infrastructures and software behaviors will be key.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Identification and characterization of cloud deployment “pain points” and development of software examples
- Works in an interdisciplinary environment with hardware and software architects, design engineers to develop product solutions to cloud deployment “pain points”
- Actively participates in the product life cycle from pathfinding through design and into hardware measurement and enabling
An ideal candidate would exhibit behavioral skills that indicate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in an extremely agile environment with continuous user interaction.
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Good team player, self-motivated, and able to work independently.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering or related field with 6+ years of industry experience. OR a Master’s with 4+ years of experience with hands-on experience in deploying and optimizing software in the cloud
- Experience with orchestration e.g. Kubernetes
- Experience with telemetry and visualization e.g. Kibana, Grafana
- Experience with performance tools e.g. Prometheus
- Experience with functions e.g. Lambda
- Experience in computer architecture is helpful but not required
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel’s technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what’s never been done before. We’ve also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.
US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.