The candidate will drive the development, management and maintenance of the reporting supporting CIB and CB line of business. It will also play a pivotal role in leading the data initiatives by partnering with business to optimize the data environment for quality, efficiency and performance. Candidate is expected to understand & design complex SQL queries to frame up the data warehouse for financial reporting & analytics. The role requires a strong reporting background with a focus on reconciliation, analytics, and working across functional areas. Interaction between business and other groups are required to ensure modifications to existing systems and new applications fully meet business requirements.
* Build a target state data model
* Build effective controls within data & reporting process
* Convert complex business logic into effective SQL query
* Identify opportunities to automate manual reporting process
* Partner with Data IT teams to drive data development & enhancement through an agile process
* Understand complex data environment and be able to propose solutions to simplify/ optimize
* Drive migration of reporting/ data environment to next gen platform leveraging Big data tools
* Partner with Stateside team and India lead, to prioritize requirements and develop a schedule to meet the deadline
* Assist in defining and documenting new processes and training/ mentoring new hires on new processes.
* Understands the SDLC, quality assurance/quality control concepts, metrics, methodologies and documentation standards.
The candidate must be a highly-motivated individual and must be able to handle a high volume of work, be able to deal with and work through ambiguity, be flexible enough to shift workload in accordance with changing priorities, and be comfortable dealing with a sometimes stressful and fast-paced, priority-driven environment.
* Requires minimum 10-14 years of Data Management, Data Integration and Analytics experience
* At least 2-4 years' experience leading teams
* Working exposure on data integration and handling projects that involves processing huge volume of data
* Hands-on experience in preparing/integrating the datasets to match to the reporting requirements
* Working knowledge on Data Management/Data Quality Rules development will be a plus
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle , including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* High level of expertise in SQL, Data Warehousing & Business Intelligence concepts
* Good working knowledge using Oracle and experience in creating/maintaining scalable database load process with hands-on experience in framing up Complex SQL Queries involving Data Analytical functions
* Experience working with unstructured data like complex JSON structures
* Strong Experience with ETL tools like Informatica
* Exposure/Experience in a range of big data architectures and frameworks including Hadoop ecosystem, Java MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Spark, Impala will also be an added advantage
* Exposure BI tools especially Qlik View, Tableau, BO is added advantage
* Exposure to Python and Unix shell scripting is added advantage
* Expertise in working with agile projects and exposure to automated testing / dev ops kind of environments.
* Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans