About the Role
FieldLevel needs a Senior Frontend Engineer who is excited to have an impact on our sports recruiting product.
The area of ownership for your team is the sports recruiting app. We are a network where athletes and coaches connect to find opportunities. Creating valuable connections in our application is central to a members' success. When athletes have the skills and qualifications that a college is looking for, we match the athlete and their coaches with the college coaches and provide them with opportunities to connect, build relationships and be efficient during the recruiting process. The mission of this team is to connect coaches and athletes that are the best fit for each other.
You will be part of our sports recruiting team, building and improving the tools they use to connect and collaborate.
What you'll do:
Over the next year, we intend to tackle some significant problems related to creating matches and recruiting athletes. You will participate in all phases of the product discovery & delivery lifecycle as a key member of a cross-functional team.
Your team's solutions to these problems will set members up for successful outcomes. At FieldLevel, success means a high school athlete gets to play in college, and a college lands an athlete that has the potential to propel them to a championship. It may sound a little corny, but that puts us squarely in the dreams business.
Our process encourages teams to discover and deliver. Our team members are growth-minded, good at what they do, and kind to one another. We believe that learning, impacting, and being continually challenged are the keys to career happiness.
In addition to your role on the engineering team, you are part of a dedicated, empowered product team, typically consisting of a product manager, frontend engineer, backend engineer, and data analyst. Product teams at FieldLevel work in cycles to deliver on essential objectives.
- Self awareness and humbleness.
- Love delivering products into the hands of customers.
- 3+ years of experience with React
- You know how to use hooks and make components
- You know how to manage state
- Bonus if you know AngularJS
- You can comfortably work on PST/MST timezone.
- You are a US Citizen and you can work in the US without sponsorship, we do not offer visa sponsorships.
Under the Hood
- React, React Native, .Net C#, SQL Server, Azure, Docker, Redis
- CI / CD automated to production.
- We do our best to make small changes early and often. Code is deployed all day long.
- We are agile, but we do not strictly adhere to Agile.
What Work-life Balance Means to FieldLevel
- Remote, in-person, or hybrid, you choose
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Ten paid holidays and the days between Christmas and New Years
- One week of sick leave each year
- Multiple team-building off-sites per year
- Attend conferences and training of your choosing
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Fully paid medical (HMO, PPO, Kaiser options) and dental for you, your partner, and your children
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- 401K with matching
- Stock options