DriveWealth is an API-driven global brokerage infrastructure platform powering both traditional and innovative investment experiences for more than 90 partners in over 150 countries. DriveWealth’s mission is to reshape the world of retail investing by enabling banks, global brands, and Fin-techs to provide investment access and advice to underbanked and underserved customers that was previously only available to the wealthy.
We are pioneering embedded finance and fractional investing in US equities with a modern and award winning API-driven brokerage infrastructure. We’ve built a patent-pending technology to fractionalize US equities and were the first to receive a license to do so in 2015. DriveWealth makes it as easy to buy Starbucks stock as it is to buy a Starbucks latte.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you will be a team member on our infrastructure team to manage and maintain our financial services platform built on a 24x7, highly-available architecture. We are critical infrastructure for our customers, so your work matters to our business. We value simplicity over complexity - both in design and communication.
You’ll work on:
- AWS infrastructure management, including but not limited to: EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, Elastic search, Elastic Cache, VPC, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, API Gateway, and WAF.
- Maintaining and enhancing our Chef automation and deployment system.
- Managing our PROD, UAT, DEV, and LoadTest environments.
- Maintaining and enhancing our continuous integration and release process.
- Troubleshooting production issues and assisting in remediation fixes.
- Establishing, maintaining, and testing DR and BCP procedures.
- Assisting in facilitating future maintenance and enhancements.
What you bring:
- You have expertise in multiple AWS services, Chef automation, and Jenkins CI and familiarity with continuous integration and release management methodologies in an agile development environment.
- You have experience with Chef/Ansible/Puppet/Terraform/K8s Automation.
- You have a basic understanding of Ruby, Python, or Bash scripting.
- You are opinionated about what you build and offer constructive criticism on things you didn’t.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- You value simplicity over complexity, both in design and communication.
- You want to work on a product that is used by people around the world.
- You want to work with smart people who will value your opinion.
- You look at new technologies to improve company's infrastructure.
- You want to work at a startup with a clear path to profitability without sacrificing user privacy or relying on advertising.
Bonus points if you have:
- Knowledge and experience of containerization
- Familiarity running automated unit/integration tests.
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with Git source control
- Understanding of JSON, Jackson and ActiveMQ
- Experience with a NoSQL database environment
- Experience with Financial Services
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Legal. HSA and FSA options.
- 401k plan
- EquityStock Options
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for continuing education and conferences
- Snacks and beverages available in the office