Learn and Be Curious is a core principal of Amazon and we are uniquely positioned to enable the next generation of learning solutions for our own employees. Amazon's Employee Services Technology (ES Tech) team is seeking a Software Development Engineer II for Learning Products at Amazon. We’re looking for highly technical entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of system ownership, and want to have fun while they make history. This role will be responsible for building high quality software for new and existing learning and content management systems.
Our team has a highly collaborative, fast moving, and fun culture. As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of a variety of core product features. You will influence our overall strategy by helping define these product features, design the system architecture, and promote the best practices that enable a quality product. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the employee experience with products used every day by you, your team and your colleagues.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience, takes pride in building high quality software, and has a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering new features and products. They value collaboration, making data-driven decisions, and can comfortably communicate with others, in both technical and non-technical roles.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Demonstrated fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Experience working on an engineering team using Agile processes
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Hands-on expertise across tech stack from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us