Progressive Global Energy is recruiting for a Large Electric Utility Company for a System Walkdown Initiative for Transmission. This is the first project of it's kind with the company, and they would like candidates to be with them on this project for the next 4 years. The biggest need is candidates that are able to read One Line Diagrams and basic field awareness to ensure safety protocols. Looking for an engineering or construction/project management background. If you have field experience and can read one line diagrams this is the role for you!
This is a full-time(Mon-Fri), long term project (4 years with high potential to extend) that will be working in the state of Virginia. Company headquarters are in Richmond, but walkdowns will be taking place throughout Virginia service territory. Candidates will leave from a main hub to ensure accommodation availability. Competitive hourly rates offered with over time at time and a half, 7 day per diem per week, truck allowance/rental provided, and we offer full benefits to our contract employees(medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, etc.)
- Looking for candidates that can be flexible with work locations throughout Virginia as the walkdowns are based on demand. The schedule will be updated well in advance of one-week.
- Walking down the system starting in Richmond, VA then sending candidates to various locations once process is established due to this being a new role
- Read one line diagrams and ensure what is said to be there is there by performing the walkdowns
- Must be computer literate as after each walkdown will upload findings and the data system of what is in the field
- Company is currently building a data system that they will be using for the walk downs
- Work with and report into the Project Manager as well as work with the substation team which is a team of 4 performing the same type of walkdowns
- Candidates must have experience working in the field
- Candidates need to be able to fully understand transmission conductor sizing and engineering one line diagrams and be able to verify the design installation in the field
- Awareness of high energy electric systems
- Familiar with Right of Way access including risks/safety protocols
- Strong commitment to situation awareness and compliance - candidates will need to fully adopt and comply with Company safety policies and culture
- Adaptable to schedule changes and accountability for working independently
- Technologically Savvy: Daily use of ipad, communication via email, Sharepoint system
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.