About the Job:
As a Lead Software Engineer, your job will be to serve as a leader, mentor, role model, and primary contributor on your programming team.
As a leader, you should be supportive of the members of the programming team, listening and responding to their ideas and concerns, while also assuming responsibility for anything programming related, and taking the initiative when you know something needs to get done.
As a mentor, you should be able to recognize teaching opportunities for other programmers when they arise, and be willing to guide team members to successful outcomes, both inside and outside programming.
As a role model, you should hold yourself to a high standard and be comfortable setting a good example for the other members of the team.
As a primary contributor, you should be a proactive member in both the design and development processes, who is able to drive the delivery of major systems, difficult features, and serious bug fixes.
- Attending meetings related to team management and game production
- Planning tasks for the game programmers
- Being one of the primary contributors in a multiplayer PC game
- Designing, prototyping, implementing and refining core game systems
- Analyzing and improving game performance
- Adapting to unfamiliar areas of code or concepts when investigating a problem
- Work closely with the rest of the programming team to assist in development, to be a positive contributor to improvement and integration of new code
- Coordinating with the testing team to work on fixes for bugs
- Working with members of other departments on cross-department features [e.g., sound, animation, VFX]
- Integrating third-party SDKs and Unreal Engine updates
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years full time experience working as a software engineer; preferably within the games industry
- At least one shipped game title; preferably using Unreal Engine
- Excellent understanding of C++
- Experience with game engines
- Familiarity with command line tools and operations
This is a full-time permanent position based in New Westminster, BC, Canada.
This role offers:
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Wellness spending account
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 2 weeks paid studio shutdown over the December holiday period
- 1 week paid annual company trip
- Annual employee anniversary gifts
- Wonderful colleagues!
If you meet the above qualifications, and OWI sounds like the kind of company you want to be a part of, please apply now with a cover letter and a copy of your resume.
Offworld Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap, financial ability or any other characteristic protected by law.