Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is a great opportunity for talented programmers to join our console development team making cutting edge technology at our games studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a UI Programmer working on CA’s exciting new IP FPS, you will be uniquely situated to make substantial contributions to the game’s UI systems and features, both visually and technically.
As a UI Programmer, you will be responsible for the technical aspects of shaping the UI throughout all the areas of the game.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
- Work closely with UI designers and artists to inform and support the implementation of UI features, while also brainstorming/prototyping new ideas.
- Be very involved with other teams, from providing support to emerging gameplay features/systems, aiding them use the UI systems you have put in place, to maintaining a standard of performance and quality.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent in C++
- Experience with UE4 game development
- Experience with UI frameworks
- Being able to work well with other disciplines
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience with developing UI systems in UE4 using UMG
- Experience using Slate in UE4
- Experience of Games as a Service
- Experience integrating with services
- Experience working on/playing FPS games
- Experience with one profiling tool, either Unreal’s built-in or third-party
- Experience with replication in UE4
- Experience with localisation
- Good understanding of geometry/trigonometry