You are looking for your next big challenge. You want to see the results of your hard work, are ready to do it on your terms, and are looking for a company that welcomes your talent no matter where you live.
We are SDVI, a cutting-edge SaaS developer for Media & Entertainment, and we believe that the ideal company is a tight-knit team pursuing excellence and having fun along the way. We are a completely distributed company, with staff based around the globe, looking to grow our team of A-level developers. Are you ready to join us?
What we’re about
SDVI is engaged in an exciting challenge: bringing the benefits of cloud-enabled technology to world-class Media & Entertainment companies. The media industry is in the midst of a radical shift: content is streamed to individuals around the globe - in their living room, in their lap, or in the palm of their hand. SDVI is at the center of that transformation.
SDVI is the market leader in its space and, with 100% business growth year-on-year, we’re pursuing an aggressive company growth strategy. We’re partnered with global industry leaders, including Discovery, Fox, Sky, Turner, and others. Many of these customers are also investors: they truly need the technologies we’re developing and work closely with our teams to get it right.
We offer a robust benefits package, including stock options, highly competitive salary, unlimited vacation allowance, and comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits. SDVI respects the individual needs of employees and is an equal opportunity employer. We check all of your boxes in terms of stability and generous benefits.
What makes you a good fit
You are an A-level player who wants to work with other A-level players. You can thrive in an Agile environment where engineers talk directly to their users and immediately see how your work is making a real difference. You appreciate commitment to best-practices – solving problems the right way, not just any way.
You want to be part of a team that respects individuals and their work. You can work independently and maintain focus. You enjoy working on enterprise-scale projects, or you are ready to take on that challenge. You consider the big picture and your contribution to it.
What we’re like
If we do say so ourselves, we are smart, competitive, responsible, creative and fun. We enjoy big challenges and excellence in our work. We value a supportive team culture, and we expect our staff to maintain strong work/life balance, because good people are the difference between a satisfactory job and a great job. We’ve found that the sharpest and most creative people also tend to be the most fun. A great sense of humor is highly valued around here - that’s what keeps our energy up and makes us look forward to working together each day.
And we do work closely together every day, even though we don’t share an office. As a completely distributed company, we each work in the place that makes the most sense for us, whether at home, on the road, in a shared business workspace… the possibilities are really up to you. We’ve created an infrastructure that makes the distributed work environment work for our teams.Video chat tools for easy face-to-face interaction
Daily, focused standups to stay on-target and connected
Technology stipends to support your productive work environmentWe also bring our staff together for quarterly in-person meetings that include team dinners and activities. They let us have some fun together and build stronger relationships. Our team agrees: these kinds of details are what make SDVI a great place to work.
Does SDVI sound like a good fit? Contact us. Let’s talk.
Do you enjoy working closely with your customers in small teams delivering rock-solid functionality and performance? SDVI is looking for Software Engineers to join our Core Backend team, and if that description resonates with you, you could be an excellent fit for our company.
SDVI’s corebackend team is made up of hard-working engineers that share a common interest in distributed microservice-based systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will help build the backend services that power our system, scale those systems for growth, and continuously improve our engineering practice. Above all, your work will impact the way video and audio media is prepared for television, streaming, and more!
What You’ll Do
- Architect, develop, and maintain performant microservices in Python responsible for hundreds of thousands of hours of video content processing every month
- Interact directly with customers to help turn use cases into solid engineering solutions
- Collaborate with other engineers to identify and solve challenging problems
- Be a technical leader within SDVI in general
- Promote sound engineering practices, drive technical excellence and strategy
- Participate in design discussions with key stakeholders at various levels
- Design and optimize database queries for performance
Who You Are
- A very experienced software professional with 10 or more years of experience in software development
- A college graduate with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field, with preference for CS, CpE, or EE
- A communicative person that values building strong relationships and even stronger teams
- Detail-oriented and well organized, able to explain complex topics in a clear way
- Possess exceptional coding skills, preferably in Python
- Comfortable making use of AWS building blocks where it makes sense for the system
- A skilled mentor, able to coach other engineers through technical and cultural growth
- You care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code
- A self-motivated teammate with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- An analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Familiar with optimizing database structure and queries for growth
The SDVI Platform
- Python 3, Flask, SQLAlchemy
- Microservices, REST APIs
- Docker, Nginx, Postgresql
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux, Windows
Interested? Start the process by applying now!