What Your Job Will Be Like
We are seeking a Software Systems engineer to join our highly productive team and develop creative solutions to improve our technological capabilities! We are responsible for developing and maintaining web workflow applications and system software that collaborate with hardware and small applications used by organizations across the satellite enterprise. The selected candidate will be intimately familiar with the software development life cycle including: requirements gathering; development; testing; maintenance; and enhancement of software applications.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Support third party software
- Identify and track system deficiencies in order to recommend and implement creative software development solutions
- Develop new web and standalone applications to support mission related projects
- Enhance existing applications with new functionality
- Network with a diverse technical population to identify new opportunities for growing our capabilities and impact
- Collaborate on design improvement, development, realization and quality
This is an opportunity to become involved in a high visibility program area that manages the full range of remote sensing space system payloads and ground system software.
Qualifications We Require
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Software Engineering OR Associates degree in stated fields plus 4 years' experience
- Proven experience in Java and/or .NET software application development
- Ability to obtain DOE Q clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- Master's degree in the above stated fields
- Experience in SQL and understanding of relational database constructs
- Knowledge or experience in MVC and/or MVP design patterns
- Familiarity with software engineering life cycle methodologies such as RUP, ISO, and Agile
- Experience supporting Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications
- Experience with User Interface (UX) design and development
- Willingness and ability to have positive interactions with the team, system users and customer management
- Proven ability to efficiently multi-task projects and roles within projects
- Active DOE clearance
Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.