PacketFabric is looking for a Software Engineer in Test! This person will join a team of engineers, helping ensure our releases, integrations, and network continue to perform as our customer expect.
PacketFabric redefines how companies procure, consume, and manage their network connectivity. The team is a small, talented, and close knit group and we need an engineer that can develop end to end test suites for our systems.
You love testing and making sure everything works! You create meticulous integration tests and have an eye for finding those edge cases that software engineers miss. A typical day might include these types of activities:
Work closely within the SRE and development teams - Network, Backend, Frontend - to create test cases.
Create and maintain test cases and scenarios for our API.
Create and maintain test cases for our various integrations with third parties (including Stripe and Salesforce).
Create and maintain UI based test cases and scenarios.
Create scale testing for various systems.
Troubleshooting complex issues to provide detailed and repeatable steps to replicate.
Assist on various SRE projects.
Asking good questions.
The right candidates will have an abundance of hard-core programming skills and have solid instincts for testing frameworks and methodologies. You don’t need to be reminded to test for security issues or look at the web console for errors because it’s just part of your nature. More specifics include:
- You are highly proficient in Python testing frameworks and have knowledge of how to perform integration tests between all aspects of a system
- You have written large scale test and integration suites
- Comfortable on any *nix command line
- Detailed documentation skills - especially when reproducing bugs or describing new features
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Be very comfortable with Git version control and project tracking tools like JIRA in a team environment
- Experience working in an environment leveraging remote communication collaboration tools like Slack, Zoom etc.
- Previous exposure to networking protocols and concepts such as IPv4/6, VLANs, VPNs, BGP, etc.
- Previous experience integrating or testing integrations with Salesforce
We strive to keep our hiring process transparent and simple. Below is the process our candidates go through.
- Job application submission (you are here).
- 30-minute phone interview with the hiring manager or team lead.
- Take-home coding project assignment, relevant to the job description.
- Two or three 45-60 minute phone interviews with engineers (peers) with whom you will regularly interact at PacketFabric.
- 30 minute phone screen with Product and Engineering member of management (optional)
- Reference check