PTAG is currently search for an Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer with (Controls System/PLC programming) experience in the Food Manufacturing industry.
Location: Lauzon, QC
Type of Employment: Contract
- Provides day-to-day support, leadership, and guidance to EIT/IM team to trouble-shoot, repair, maintain, calibrate, alter / modify, and make installations to the building electrical systems and instrumentation in a professional and timely fashion as required.
- Coordinate activities for predictive and corrective maintenance and responsible for assisting the Electrical Instrumentation Supervisor in work order allocation and scheduling.
- Coordinate work activities involving outside contractors including escorting contractors and overseeing work performed on-site.
- Determines impact of work, communicates to department management and customers to schedule activities to reduce impact on production schedules.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, calibrate, alter/modify, and make installations to building electrical power distribution and control systems in a professional and timely fashion.
- Use various test instruments to diagnose problems, determine electrical load and power quality.
- Work from blueprints, drawings, layouts, manufacturer’s manuals, or other specifications to locate and diagnose trouble in electrical systems and/or equipment.
- Work as part of a team with users, other facilities staff, and vendors to provide electrical expertise and to evaluate effectiveness of systems in order to ensure the safe, efficient and reliable operation facilities and for continuous improvements.
- Compile and maintain all information and documentation relevant to all building systems.
- Assist in ensuring that all information related to the maintenance, calibration, repair, or alteration relevant to systems and equipment is properly approved and documented in a timely manner (service reports, calibration certificates, work orders etc.).
- Ensure that all work is performed in full compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and established safety standards.
- Assure that all electrical work is completed according to the respective codes.
- Carry out preventative maintenance tasks as assigned (covering shifts when required).
- Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes.
- Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor, Electrical Instrumentation
- Must be Bilingual French/English.
- Quebec Professional Engineer Designation
- Minimum of 7+ years previous electrical maintenance experience with instrumentation calibration and control experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Electrical Systems including PLC’s, generators, Large UPS units, transformers, switchgear, controllers, electronic circuits, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems or other transmission equipment.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Well developed interpersonal skills, demonstrates initiative, self-motivation, planning, organizational skills, and Leadership skills.
PTAG is growing and seeking professionals who want to join a fast paced, innovative, and team-oriented Program Management Firm. We are driven to help our clients find opportunities for consistent and constant improvements of their Capital and Sustainable Programs. PTAG is a Registered Provider of the Construction Industry Institute which underscores our commitment to help the Power & Utilities, Oil & Gas, Chemical, Mining and Heavy Infrastructure sectors achieve increased project certainty, productivity, and desired outcomes. We are seeking likeminded professionals who want to join us on our journey to build lasting, and value-driven relationships with our clients.