Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First-Person Shooter IP.
This is a great opportunity for a talented programmer to join our console development team making cutting edge technology at our games studio based in Horsham, West Sussex. As a Network Engineer on the project, your goal is to build the underlying technology that delivers a solid online experience for our players and provide the designers with the freedom to be creative.
As a Network Programmer on the project, your creativity will be valued as a key member of a cohesive online team. You will be passionate about providing our players with the ultimate multiplayer experience they deserve.
On a day to day to basis, you will be
- developing the game’s multiplayer engine and low-level network features
- continually optimise network performance
- participate in the design, coding, testing, integration and debugging of the game’s networking and multiplayer engine features
As a key member of the wider project team, you will collaborate and work with closely with designers, engineers and QA to build systems that provide both our gameplay experience and the interaction with our persistent backend service.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent in C++ programming
- Experience of Unreal 4 development
- Experience integrating game client code with back-end online services
- Experience of REST APIs
- A deep understanding of various networking models
- Attention to detail
- High level of analytical and mathematical ability
- A passion for games
- An excellent academic background in computer science, maths or engineering
- Experience of Lua
- Knowledge of AWS technologies