Team Introduction In Data Platform Singapore, our mission is to create a PB-level analytical database product that empowers efficient and real-time data-driven decision-making, based on ClickHouse. Our internal use cases have been grown to tens of thousands of instances and supporting ByteDance's global customers as well as internal products. Based on this unique ground, we will be building a cloud-native and high-performance enterprise data warehouse (or analytical database, these two concepts are becoming one), with challenges that are exciting and unprecedented, and we vision this database to be the fastest analytical database in this world. Responsibilities:
- You will be contributing directly to the database engine, including but not limited to storage, query execution, metadata management, resource management, and performance optimization.
- Joining this team, you can look forward to a great opportunity to solve hard problems and to grow.
- Contribute to the database engine, by leading technical design, implementation, and verification
- Ensure code quality, extensibility, and sustainability within the module/project
- Being hands-on to solve hard problems as well as creating an opportunity for junior engineers to grow
- Support your team by creating a transparent, open, and creative culture
- BS/MS Degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related major
- Expert with Linux operating system principles, networking, and multi-threading
- Expert in software development skills in modern C++
- Expert in working on one or more of these technologies is a plus: ClickHouse, Apache Impala, Prestodb, Trino, Apache Doris, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Greenplum
- Contributor/Committer or PMC of the open-source community is a plus