At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen. Mobile ordering and payments is an exciting and active industry full of interesting players and yet still a relatively untapped market ripe for disruption. We’re quite up-front about the technical challenges our business faces. Running a platform with multiple white-labeled front-ends, that maintains real-time connections into thousands of restaurants’ POS systems, and coordinates complex transactions between these and other third parties (such as payment gateways and gift card providers) is not for the faint of heart! You’ll be joining our Cloud Operations Team, responsible for keeping Olo’s food ordering and delivery systems up and running reliably and securely. Our DevOps-oriented team uses Infrastructure-as-Code with automation wherever possible. The system has many moving parts and frequent deployments. Any engineer may work at Olo’s headquarters in New York City’s Financial District or remotely from anywhere in the U.S. In fact, more than half of our engineering team is remote!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Administering Windows Server roles such as IIS, Active Directory, WSUS, and DNS.
- Building virtual infrastructure in cloud platforms such as AWS using Terraform.
- Patching operating systems like Windows Server and Linux.
- Patching third party tools and security related vulnerabilities.
- Configuring Load Balancers, VPCs, and Security Groups.
- Troubleshooting network latency including analyzing packet captures.
- Proactively monitoring all systems for uptime and security. Noticing trends before they become issues. Improving monitoring of infrastructure as needed.
- Responding to OpsGenie alerts as part of an on-call rotation with another engineer.
- Resolving or escalating production issues to development teams as needed.
- Managing domain forests and replication.
- Forecasting and optimizing capacity and AWS infrastructure costs.
What We’ll Expect From You
- At least 3 years experience administering a production level 24/7 web application.
- Expert level Windows Server knowledge, including IIS, Active Directory, Windows Server Performance Monitor, and Windows Networking.
- In-depth working experience with AWS services and APIs.
- Comfortable in your scripting tool of choice - PowerShell, Python, Bash etc.
- Working knowledge of DevOps, automation, and Infrastructure as Code.
- Mid level Linux Server Knowledge
- Solid cloud networking knowledge, VPCs, Security Groups, Load Balancers, etc.
- A passion for uptime.
Nice to Have
- Experience with any of the following technologies: Ansible, CloudFormation, GitHub, SQL Server, Redis, ElasticSearch, SumoLogic, Datadog, Windows Server Failover Clustering, Consul, Docker, Terraform.
- PCI compliance experience.
What’s Important to Olo
- Our families come first. We know they make us who we are and they are who we live and work for every day.
- Olo is our extended family. We’re in this together, fighting for one another. We’re happy to be here. We will not let one another down.
- We learn from and fight through setbacks. We recognize and help one another with direct feedback.
- We care about you. We offer 20 days of paid time off, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, company equity, a generous parental leave plan.
- We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team not only makes our products better, but our workplace better. Many groups are consistently underrepresented across the tech sector and we are fully committed to doing our part to move the needle.
- Learn more about our culture, values, and mission. https://www.olo.com/images/culture.jpg.