eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is now part of Adevinta, an innovative leader in digital marketplaces spanning 17 countries. We’re all about matchmaking, and our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less.
As a global network of loved local brands, including Marktplaats in the Netherlands, mobile.de in Germany and leboncoin in France, our team of over 6,000 employees are there to make things better, safer and easier for the people who choose to visit and use our marketplaces every month. And we do that by being experts in our field, basing improvements on data and bringing together our network of talented teams.
About the team
We believe that solving customer problems and delivering value to our business can be done at scale. As the Global Capabilities Team (CAPS) we offer our local brands a portfolio of capabilities along the end customer journey that speeds up time to market across the eBay Classifieds Group. Our global teams develop and innovate a broad variety of central solutions and services: Full integrations of back-office systems, central advertising, experimentation and real-time communication solutions, personalization and performance APIs and algorithms as well as a central data infrastructure.
We closely partner with our local peers on efficient integrations of our capabilities that create valuable experiences for our end customers and the business. We are a diverse and highly motivated team. Data is the voice of our customers and helps us to define the common goals we work towards as one team.
As Product Manager for the CAPS Data and Machine Learning Platform Team you are responsible for the data foundation solutions that will empower our teams to develop data products. You know how to discover and tackle our customers’ data problems and you are able to articulate this vision concisely. You will inspire decision makers as well as your central development teams to deliver against the strategic goals you set.
As an ambassador of the company strategy, local business needs and the end customer, you empower your teams by setting the right priorities.
Building effective relationships with stakeholders in a global setup comes natural to you. In close partnership with local business and product peers you ideate, define, experiment and craft impactful value propositions. You ensure reliable feedback loops from end-users to improve existing services and solutions or drive innovation in your portfolio.
And since you are passionate about data it is easy for you to translate the needs of large data initiatives into smaller, actionable pieces that can be delivered in increments and become quick wins. You are an expert on data platforms and you can manage expectations on data deliverables, making sure everybody is on the same page.
Together with tech you:
- Make sure that our team's mission & success metrics are clear and communicated
- Manage the team's backlog towards goals
- Create transparency of the teams’ roadmap and key deliverables and ensure a continuous delivery of value to our end customers and our business;
- Manage the stakeholder communication together with tech lead & data architect
- Exchange with other platform teams across CAPS on potential synergies
- Share stories of successful value delivery across the eBay Classifieds Group;
- Provide context and easy access to knowledge for local markets and thus reduce time to impact globally.
- Collaborate on building a strong data-driven culture.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years Product Management experience (preferably in Classifieds business);
- You’re an experienced stakeholder manager on a global scale;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. Able to frame problems, collect data, perform the analysis
- arrive at valid conclusions and present the data and metrics to influence others;
- Experience working with data platform teams and familiar with high-volume data ecosystems.
- Resourceful with ability to get things done. Capable of operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, across multiple teams and balancing multiple priorities;
- Experience with different measures of product discovery, quantitative testing (e.g. A/B-testing) and qualitative testing (e.g. Usability testing);
- Natural consensus-builder and collaborative decision-making style across partners, commercial, design & engineering teams;
- Self-motivated and results driven. You challenge the status quo with the ability to articulate a path to get there;
- Curious and passionate about learning and building great products to help us and our partners grow;
- Team player with excellent collaboration, communication and organization skills;
- Ability to quickly follow-up on impediments – having a ‘can-do’ attitude;
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree.
What you can expect from us:
- A collaborative, informal, international and playful work environment with self-organized, multi-disciplinary agile/lean teams;
- Managers and teammates who are invested in your growth as a technologist and as a person;
- Work with cool modern tools;
- Access to tools and resources to do your job (best-in-class laptop, IDEs, Safari Online subscription, conferences and meetups, all the coffee and soda you can drink, and much more);
- Ability to join and participate in multiple internal interest groups eBay Classifieds Group in trending topics like Machine Learning, AI, DevOps, BigData, mobile development, and others;
- Continuous Deployment through multiple environments to get rapid feedback about your work;
What we offer:
- Meaningful work with diverse, international, highly skilled and passionate teams which give you the chance to make a difference in our customers’ lives.
- International career opportunities throughout Adevinta.
- Competitive compensation, conference & education budget. We value your personal and professional development.
- A healthy work-life balance, i.e. part-time work, an additional paid parental leave time, flexible working hours including working from home options.
- A great atmosphere, open-minded company culture with several social team activities (online and offline).
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Adevinta offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs.
People are the heart of Adevinta, and their health and well-being are our first priority. We continue to monitor local government guidance and partner closely with medical advisors to determine the safest and best next steps for everyone. As a result, most teams are working remotely, with a few teams able to collaborate in person with enhanced safety procedures. We will discuss the particular case for your region during the interview process. As a general rule, interviews will be completed remotely over video calls.