Who we are
At Imagination, we love innovating. We spend our time creating the graphics and AI chips that are at the core of your favourite electronic products. We have a no-compromise approach to making our technology as high performance and power-efficient as possible, all while being squeezed into the smallest space possible.
It’s this relentless drive to push the boundaries of what’s possible that has led to Imagination powering more than 10 billion of the world’s most iconic electronic devices, from smartphones to smart TVs, from drones to self-driving cars.
We need your skills to help us continue to deliver technology that will impress the industry and our customers alike, ensuring that people everywhere can enjoy smarter and faster tech than ever before.
What you’ll be doing
The Vulkan Safety Critical driver team enables Imagination’s world leading GPU performance through the design and development of key graphics API driver components for the growing automotive market, and its commitment to follow safety and security standards.
You will work with cutting-edge systems, influence the design of our graphics technology and help Imagination to deliver the next big thing in 3D technology. You will partner with other software and hardware engineers in supporting major device manufacturers and OS vendors to ensure their devices work smoothly. Exposed to the full life-cycle of hardware and software development, from initial concepts and research to long-term maintenance, you will play a key role in the design of future PowerVR graphics technology.
- Design and develop Vulkan SC graphics drivers for our current and next-generation graphics cores
- Get involved in all aspects of the development cycle, from requirements, through design, implementation and testing
- Support customers and their partners in bringing new products to market
- Cooperate with customers and industry partners
- Perform performance analysis and driver optimisations to get the most out of our graphics IP
Who you are
Committed to making your customers, stakeholders and colleagues successful, you’re an excellent communicator, listener and collaborator who builds trusted partnerships by delivering what you say, when you say. You’re curious, solutions orientated and a world-class problem solver who constantly seeks opportunities to innovate and achieve the best possible outcome to the highest imaginable standard.
- Excellent C programming skills
- In-depth knowledge of Vulkan and modern 3D graphics
- GPU driver design and development background
- A good understanding of computer architecture (CPU, Cache, MMU, Memory, etc.)
- Excellent problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude
- Low-level programming experience
You might also have;
- Experience in developing software against safety and quality standards
- Experience in writing C code whilst following coding guidelines
- Experience working in a Scrum development team
- An aptitude for vector mathematics
Who do you want to be?
Do you dare to think big? Do you want to change the status quo and speak up when you see how there’s a better way of doing things? We listen, we’re supportive and we’re open to new ideas. Whatever it takes to make an impact, you’ll be respected and helped along the way.
We will value you
At Imagination, clear and shared values are important to us. They are the foundation on which everything else is built. We have five core values that underpin our culture and the way we work together, both as colleagues and as business partners. We believe in these values and are committed to putting them at the heart of everything we do.
Our values are:
For more information on what these values mean to us visit imaginationtech.com/company
Why not join us?
Just click the ‘Apply now’ button to send in your CV.
Diversity and inclusion
Our headquarters are based in the UK, but we have a global outlook. We have office locations around the world to attract the most talented technical minds and to support key regional markets in the best way possible. Across our divisions, we employ specialists from over 40 nationalities who are passionate about their craft and the industry we’re in.
We are committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic by law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a positive interview experience, please let us know.
Working during the Pandemic
The Imagination team throughout the world are maintaining business as usual, albeit with most of us working remotely. If you have specific questions or concerns related to Imagination and remote working please get in touch.