We are Ensemble IP, a forward-thinking team of IP Industry veterans building a new approach to patent search and analysis. We believe that the highest quality search is the result of the right technical expert using the right search techniques and the right technology.
We have a fast-paced collaborative culture focused on delighting our customers with high quality research products and fantastic service. Every single one of us is an integral part of the mission and we believe in working together to meet our goals. We enjoy our work and are passionate about our mission; we have fun each day and take satisfaction in a job well done. We are a virtual organization and use technology platforms to communicate and effectively work together across locations and time zones.
You enjoy a challenge and are ready to roll your sleeves up and get to work. You aren’t afraid to ask for help and enjoy learning new things, even if it is just a new way to complete a familiar task. You stay focused on the goal, but are flexible and can adapt to changes in plans. You work well independently and effectively manage your own deadlines and goals. You work well as part of a virtual team and make an effort to stay connected with your colleagues around the digital “water cooler”.
Our Frontend Software Engineer is a senior designer and developer who reports to the Chief Information Officer and is matrixed into our data science team when needed. The ideal candidate is comfortable interacting with other software engineers, internal and external customers, and the executive management team. You will take an active role in designing and developing our AI-powered frontend and will focus on ensuring a positive, uncomplicated, seamless, and functional user experience. Frontend development is advancing rapidly so you must be flexible and passionate about learning to stay ahead of the curve. You must also have the intuition and ability to listen to others, understand and interpret pain points and business value, and develop software and features that address these needs. In this role, you will:
- Develop and design functional, usable, and appealing web- and mobile-based frontend applications, defining both how the applications look and how they work.
- Work closely with our team of Data Scientists to build AI-powered user interfaces. In other words, build really cool stuff!
- Build high-quality tools for internal use and external commercialization.
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Solve problems and not just code predefined tasks. You will use your creativity, expertise, and initiative to come up with your own solutions.
- Help others and listen to the insights of your teammates. We really appreciate learning from each other.
- Effectively collaborate with team members, internal and external customers, and other stakeholders.
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and adopt modern development best-practices (e.g., git, docker, cloud computing...).
- Participate in, and contribute to, Agile team meetings to improve the team development methodology.
Skills and qualifications...
- Experience developing and testing adaptable frontend components.
- Experience conceiving and designing web interfaces.
- Experience with collaborative development best-practices. Experience in open-source development is a big plus.
- A coding style that is well-structured and encompasses robustness and integration.
- Demonstrated ability to focus on code performance, security, and scalability.
- Broad understanding of CI/CD practices and development/testing/production environments.
- A mindset towards developing for cloud deployment and distributed systems.
- Strong research and problem-solving skills and excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work an Eastern US Time Zone Schedule
- 3+ years of professional frontend development experience
- Experience designing frontend applications with React and Apollo Client.
- Experience working with design tools like Invision, Figma, or Sketch.
- Solid knowledge of React state management using context API and hooks.
- Experience testing React components using libraries such as Jest and Testing-Library.
- Familiar with CSS-in-JS implementations like Styled-Components or Emotion.
- Familiar with custom component catalogs like Storybook or others.
- Familiar with backend for frontend implementations in GraphQL and libraries like Apollo Server or Prisma.
- Familiar with implementing end to end testing with Cypress or similar.
- Basic knowledge of accessibility patterns.
- Proficiency in Linux or Unix-like operating systems is a plus.
What else we offer...
- An amazing team in a relaxed environment. Good mood and fun every day.
- 100% Remote.
- Flexible schedule.
- International team: US, Barcelona and Toronto.
- WeLearn: continuous education & knowledge exchange, including attending conferences.
- A new desktop computer or laptop with dual monitor.
- Anything you need to make your workspace at home comfortable.