Job Title: Principle Engineer, Data Engineering
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
Comscore is a data company. We collect and process trillions of data events each day, have 10s of petabytes of data online and each month our systems read and process nearly an exabyte. We analyze the media consumption behaviors of millions of consumers across the world, including online activity, television viewership, product purchases, and demographics all with an eye towards consumer privacy and data governance. Our clients include major internet companies, movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and expertise to increase their marketing efficiency.
As a Principal Engineer you will lead a team of engineers in building Comscore’s next generation data platform that will unlock access to our data with the goal of supercharging the pace of innovation.
What You’ll Do:
- Gain a deep understanding of Comscore’s problem domains, exchanging ideas with Engineering leadership, Product Management, Analytics, Operations, and other internal customers
- Architect, design, and develop components in Comscore’s next generation big data platform
- Serve as a data engineering subject matter expert who provides strategy and architecture recommendations for the organization and leadership
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Communicate clearly and concisely with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly and highlight key insights
- Set best practices and guidelines for building and maintaining data engineering pipelines
What You’ll Bring:
- 8+ years of professional programming experience
- You have a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- You are product and customer oriented
- You write good, clean code and you take pride in that fact regardless of which language you are currently using
- You are comfortable delivering an entire product, not just a functional component
- You have a strong affinity towards working with data
- You build your applications with an API-first approach
- You are an expert in big-data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, and data warehouses
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.